Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Why I think there should be a Doom movie,you?

Well, first of all, people always say a Doom movie would suck, like Mortal-Kombat, and other Game to Movies.
People give dumb resons like, "BORING NO PLOT" or "HIS BELLY WILL SHOW LIKE FAG". SO WHAT!!! So the fuck what if there is no plot! It cant get boring, the shitty 2D sprites, turned into somthing VERY relistic, rite on you local I-Max theatre screen!
His Belly showing? Since when did his belly show? Ok, look at the titlpic for Doom1 again, see, you see his stomach, only becuase his white t-shirt is ripped!
But you have to give this to me, it would be so cool to see all of those sweet demons come to life on the big screen!
Think about the Cacodemon, or the Cyberdemon, as what they would look like in real life! GOOD GOD!
There is NO way the movie could go wrong! It wont flop like the D&D movie, which even dissapointed D&D fans. It wont becuase it cant. Dooms story: Blow away monsters.
Com on guys, give me a better excuse why there shuoldnt be a Doom movie...
{look at my sketches: www.angelfire.com/mn2/bjkap/mydrawing.html}

hmmm (final fantasy: the spirets within) thats basicly a movie off of the ffgames. and its supposta do something never done before. make a 100% cgi movie with photo realistic quality(like the people you see in the movei LOOK like real human beings with all the skin texture,tones,hairs, this is NOT going to be like toy story. so who ever says game movie ports sux look at final fantasty movie(its comming out in july or was it june)

Guest Duke Nukem

They shouldn't make a doom movie because what we have seen in the game is already embedded into our heads. It will ruin our outlook on doom imo

well i think most game to movies suck, the usally look so crappy as a movie. final fantasy looks interest but as for it being a cg movie i have not heard that. if they did make a doom movie i would go see it but i dont think it would be that great as far as movies go.

Guest PFCGray
SaGa said:

hmmm (final fantasy: the spirets within) thats basicly a movie off of the ffgames. and its supposta do something never done before. make a 100% cgi movie with photo realistic quality(like the people you see in the movei LOOK like real human beings with all the skin texture,tones,hairs, this is NOT going to be like toy story. so who ever says game movie ports sux look at final fantasty movie(its comming out in july or was it june)

Well, I think there should be a Doom movie (which is already sort of in the making with either Bruce Campbell or Kurt Russel bein the marine), but for another reason and I'd rather not say what it is cuz of all of you here at DW, except for me, have the same opinion on something. Lets just say it has to do with NightMare's signature, which I totally disagree with.

Duke Nukem said:

They shouldn't make a doom movie because what we have seen in the game is already embedded into our heads. It will ruin our outlook on doom imo

That's exactly why I'd want to see it - it's always cool to see/read somebody else's visions of what Doom is to them. Even if it sucks or not. (I don't think they could let a Doom movie suck, the makers know there'd be hoardes of angry fanatics waiting to hang them if they screw it up.)

PFCGray said:

Well, I think there should be a Doom movie (which is already sort of in the making with either Bruce Campbell or Kurt Russel bein the marine), but for another reason and I'd rather not say what it is cuz of all of you here at DW, except for me, have the same opinion on something. Lets just say it has to do with NightMare's signature, which I totally disagree with.

I wouldn't say they have a lot to answer for, but the 4th novel kind of left you hanging at the end. It's also kept me waiting for a 5th novel, which most likely will never happen. :(