Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Messed up experience.

Well, I dont know what this was all about, but a couple days ago, I was REALLY tired, and I mean TIRED. I had to stay up all through school and gym class. But when school was over, I decided to walk behind the school with a friend. {there are woods behind the school}. I was so tired, things started to get blury, and every second I was seeing things. Then suddenly the sky went orange, and I looked into the streets and seen a Revenant with troops of Imps marching behind it, then out from between two houses came and Arch-Vile, which blew a car strait into that air. Then from a distance, I heard stomping, and I turned around to see a Cyberdemon far far away blowing up houses. When I turned back, there was a cacodemon in my face, then I seen dancing bunnies and naked women, and suddenly everything went black. My body shut down, I was forced to sleep. I had stayed up for three days strait.

My point of advice: Sleep everyday, or dont sleep for three days and post your crazy trip before you "shut down". lol.

Haha!
I guess shit like that happens when your really tired though :P
Althoug, it wasnt that vague, things flickered, and looked blurry. But it was cool nonetheless, I though Doom was really happening, untill I woke up all tired with my freinds laughing at me.

Dude, get some sleep. Lack of sleep causes a toxic chemical to build up in your brain, causing hallucinations like the one you experienced. Eventually, without sleep, it would degrade down to paranoia and you would display all the symptoms of a scitzophrenic before finally dying. Of course, I think for all this to happen, it would take about two or three weeks without sleep, but hallucinations start by the third day.

I must be weird, I've been up over 70 hours and never hallucinated. I got those weird marks over my eyes like what happens when you close them and press your fingers into them, but that's about it.

Guest Nuno Correia

You're lying.

geekmarine said:

Dude, get some sleep. Lack of sleep causes a toxic chemical to build up in your brain, causing hallucinations like the one you experienced. Eventually, without sleep, it would degrade down to paranoia and you would display all the symptoms of a scitzophrenic before finally dying. Of course, I think for all this to happen, it would take about two or three weeks without sleep, but hallucinations start by the third day.

Maybe you should stop messing around with LSD. :)

But the lack of sleep thing is true, however.
I've stayed up for 3 days before, and while I didn't see all that kind of crap, I got really paranoid and kept seeing shapes and stuff.

It was cool.

geekmarine said:

Actually no, you can stay up INDEFINATLY, but unfortunatly there is abit of a "hump" you have to get over to do it (about 4 days methinks) and your ability to concentrate really takes a hit (which means staying up a week in a row is no way to do good in school, regardless of how well or how much you study).

And when you eventually DO go back to sleep, you will sleep for about 2 days straight (about 45-55 hours i think).

I learned this stuff in a psychology class.

Guest Duke Nukem
Jeremy said:

Haha!
I guess shit like that happens when your really tired though :P
Althoug, it wasnt that vague, things flickered, and looked blurry. But it was cool nonetheless, I though Doom was really happening, untill I woke up all tired with my freinds laughing at me.

Wait, you fell asleep in the woods? What did your mom have to say about this?

sirgalahadwizar said:

Actually no, you can stay up INDEFINATLY, but unfortunatly there is abit of a "hump" you have to get over to do it (about 4 days methinks) and your ability to concentrate really takes a hit (which means staying up a week in a row is no way to do good in school, regardless of how well or how much you study).

And when you eventually DO go back to sleep, you will sleep for about 2 days straight (about 45-55 hours i think).

I learned this stuff in a psychology class.

I never sleep more than 10 hours. I don't think it's possible to do more than 12 or 13 no matter how much you stay up. When I did my 70+ hours of staying up, I only slept 9 hours that night, as opposed to my regular 7-8. I was VERY tired the next two days, but never slept more than 10 hours each night.

Duke Nukem said:

Wait, you fell asleep in the woods? What did your mom have to say about this?

And what did his "friend" do while he was asleep? :)
Falling asleep in the woods can make your arse sore

Guest Duke Nukem

I think he is lying.

Lying?
Hahah.
Actually I stay up all night being bored online, and being up for so long can cause you to halucinate. And pass out.
My freinds left me there. One friend stayed, and luahged his ass off.

Some friends, they walk off or laugh at you when you pass out. For all they knew you could have been dead.

Guest Duke Nukem

Or you could have been eaten by muskrats and parakeets with herpes.