Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

this pisses me off

ok today i had on a shirt with the doom logo, yes i got a doom shirt. At school almost every teacher i had told me to take it off, now come on what the fuck is with that all the shirt says is doom on the front and the ID logo on the back. I have seen worse things, and woren worse things, i have yet to get a comment about my system of a down shirt that has a really violent image on the front. i dont see kids geting yelled at for gang were either. so why do these fucks got to say something about a doom shirt. well fuck them for the rest of this week i will were that shirt.

Easy. They are stupid. Instead of kicking up a fuss though, just have fun playing Doom in your own home and wear your t-shirt on the weekends. Believe me it ain't worth the grief of dealing with such fools....

hey sephiroth that really sucks, i bet it has something to do with those columbine kids and how everybody wanted to blame doom, among other things. it's just ignorance, parents and teachers trying to blame a game when they could find the real problem in the mirror. as far as wearing it all week, RIGHT ON! i'd wear it til you can't stand the smell!

Guest Duke Nukem

Sepiroth, i recommend you don't try and fight them. It isn't worth it and you can't fight society. If you do wear your shirt, please feel free to wash it at least every 2 days. Doom might "cause" shootings but it has no right to cause "uncivilized" bathing precedures. Update: Also, they said take it off.....it must have been a sweatshirt.

Stphrz said:

Easy. They are stupid. Instead of kicking up a fuss though, just have fun playing Doom in your own home and wear your t-shirt on the weekends. Believe me it ain't worth the grief of dealing with such fools....

It depends on the parents and also your social status. For example, our football team had this little tradition, this subteam called "Fresh" where they wore fake jerseys with names like Pecker, Rack, etc. on the back and they could get away with it, but anybody with a shirt suggesting stuff like that got taken out and sometimes even suspended. Also, if your parents put up a big enough fuss, they (usually) just give up. At least they did at my school. My parents never complained, but some other people's came in yelling and they just said "whatever shuts you up". Not to them in person of course, but they're very easy to compromise with. I have a feeling my kids will never get detentions or suspensions for anything ;) If there's one thing I'd love to do if I were a parent right now is go bitch at the school boards all day. They'd sooner break their rules that put up with me I'll bet.

Guest crawlie

Umm... where actually do people at school care what you're wearing... at least not here. Suppose you have to wear a school uniform too, eh? :)

I think you should make your own shirt that says something along the following lines:

"Columbine: blame the parents!"

That's sure to piss off a few more people than a simple Doom shirt :)

Offensive T-shirts are what makes life that much more fun (not that a Doom T-shirt is offensive).

I have three Manson T-shirts I only wear when I know people are going to see them. The best places being Shopping centres and cinemas. It's fun to watch everyone's reaction and then stare them in the eye as if you'd like to kill them.

The sad part is the T-shirts aren't even offensive to anyone with half a brain.

Ughh... Oh come on, do you actually think ANYONE is offended by Marilyn Manson? I mean, really? Oh, I'm not even going to get into it. I personally HATE him, but not because I'm offended by him, I just hate his music and I hate people going around thinking that by liking Marilyn Manson that they're offending people. Tough luck on that Doom shirt, maybe you should just wear shirts promoting alcohol and sex and drugs instead.

geekmarine said:

Ughh... Oh come on, do you actually think ANYONE is offended by Marilyn Manson? I mean, really? Oh, I'm not even going to get into it. I personally HATE him, but not because I'm offended by him, I just hate his music and I hate people going around thinking that by liking Marilyn Manson that they're offending people. Tough luck on that Doom shirt, maybe you should just wear shirts promoting alcohol and sex and drugs instead.

Nah, you're way off buddy.

For me Manson is the best music to listen to when I go to the gym for instance because you can really get lost in it and the lyrics. Generally it has more emotion (and aggressiveness) than any other music.

As long as you don't hate Manson because you're some kind of ignorant religious fanatic I don't really mind :-)

Duke Nukem said:

Sepiroth, i recommend you don't try and fight them. It isn't worth it and you can't fight society. If you do wear your shirt, please feel free to wash it at least every 2 days. Doom might "cause" shootings but it has no right to cause "uncivilized" bathing precedures. Update: Also, they said take it off.....it must have been a sweatshirt.

There's no such thing as a Doom sweatshirt, unless he made it himself. They most likely wanted him to turn it inside out.

Guest Stealthy Ivan

I used to remember this problem when i was in school. The teachers hated all of my death metal band shirts. They would try and make me take it off or flip it inside out. It sucked, but I have no clue why they would hate a doom shirt unless they were a pussy.. :)

schools always some stupid shit the blamed teens behavior on, it used to be the metal bands and then it was doom and doom like games. I thought most schools had giving up the anti-doom ideas, they let me play doom at school.

last year i used to play doom everyday on my teachers pc. the coolest teacher..eh was a dead head. im not allowed to wear my john lennon glasses now. you know the colored sun glasses. they said that "soem people..i dont mean you of course, would wear them to cover up their eyes if they did drugs." you knwo she meant me. but im not dumb enough to do drugs like most of my friends. and even if i did, what business is that of theirs? the systems beeped up

Duke Nukem said:

yea i wash the shrit every day, i also made a poster that has a bunch of pictures of doom, manson and some ofther death metal and game themes on it and there is a slogan at the bottom that say school shooting are not caused by doom, death metal music, bad language, athieism, communist and TV. personaly i have never had a comment said about any of my metal shirts. besides my school is filled with punks who think cause mommy and daddy do everthing for them they rule the world, just cause they never had to fight to get anything in there life does not give them the right to beat down us common folk.

Lüt said:

It depends on the parents and also your social status. For example, our football team had this little tradition, this subteam called "Fresh" where they wore fake jerseys with names like Pecker, Rack, etc. on the back and they could get away with it, but anybody with a shirt suggesting stuff like that got taken out and sometimes even suspended. Also, if your parents put up a big enough fuss, they (usually) just give up. At least they did at my school. My parents never complained, but some other people's came in yelling and they just said "whatever shuts you up". Not to them in person of course, but they're very easy to compromise with. I have a feeling my kids will never get detentions or suspensions for anything ;) If there's one thing I'd love to do if I were a parent right now is go bitch at the school boards all day. They'd sooner break their rules that put up with me I'll bet.

yea it is a bitch putting up with ignorance my school has a big social problem too many rich people blaming the poor, i being one of the poor people, the just thing i will cause trouble because of my status. i am respectful and kind to those whoactually deserve it. hey my spelling really sucks

Toke said:

schools always some stupid shit the blamed teens behavior on, it used to be the metal bands and then it was doom and doom like games. I thought most schools had giving up the anti-doom ideas, they let me play doom at school.

Yeh when I was at school we were not allowed to have our hair like Elvis, and you think YOU'RE oppressed? :)

That reminds me that I will have to pick up a box with some Doom-collectibles I bought through US-ebay from my local tay-office next week. Maybe they will arrest me if they take a look into the box: "Doom - oh my god!"
Did you wear the original t-shirt from id? I just thought about making a "Doom-jacket" by myself.

sephiroth said:

yea it is a bitch putting up with ignorance my school has a big social problem too many rich people blaming the poor, i being one of the poor people, the just thing i will cause trouble because of my status. i am respectful and kind to those whoactually deserve it. hey my spelling really sucks

Heh, I AM a teacher and a few years ago I set up the school network for a last day of term deathmatch - with the blessing of the school management. I too have a doom T, and although dress code is quite formal in the school I am at now, we have relaxed days and I have worn it - no problems. :-)

Guess it depends on your school.

masterhassan said:

last year i used to play doom everyday on my teachers pc. the coolest teacher..eh was a dead head. im not allowed to wear my john lennon glasses now. you know the colored sun glasses. they said that "soem people..i dont mean you of course, would wear them to cover up their eyes if they did drugs." you knwo she meant me. but im not dumb enough to do drugs like most of my friends. and even if i did, what business is that of theirs? the systems beeped up

Hmmm... I have red-lensed sunglasses... my teachers don't care. They just assume I don't do drugs, which is the correct assumption. I've seen drugs fuck people UP... like my old bassist... but yeah... that's a story for another day.

Anyway, I have a shirt that says "Aberzombie and Imp: Slaughtering souls since 1993" with the Doom logo on the back. None of the teachers mind about that either. But, yet... when I had a calvin and hobbes shirt in 7th grade that said "Dancing on Bourbon Street" they made me turn it inside out because it said "Bourbon"

What a fucked up system.

Chief said:

For me Manson is the best music to listen to when I go to the gym for instance because you can really get lost in it and the lyrics. Generally it has more emotion (and aggressiveness) than any other music.

As long as you don't hate Manson because you're some kind of ignorant religious fanatic I don't really mind :-)

I hate Marilyn Manson because of the LACK of emotion in his music. It's pseudo-emotion. He's an actor, basically. At least, that's how I see it....

I've got a narly AFI tee-shirt, not that its violent or anything, just thought I'd share.

Guest dexter

i once wore a t-shirt to school (1st im in the uk and we have to wear uniform) that saide fuck school in HUGE letters on the front and on the back your all cunts. I nearly got expelled

The queen will not be attending the first ever annual holocaust remeberence day because she is on holiday.(shooting holiday)

Heh... I have a shirt that says "1 4|\/| L337" on the front and "G1\/3 M3 W4R3Z" on the back. ("I am Leet" and "Give me warez") People get freaked out when they see it.

Since everyone is doing a flashback I'll share too. I used to wear my Fudge Tunnel longsleeve all the time. The front has a huge picture of a fly on a pile of shit and on the back it reads:
Kill 1 man and you are a murderer.
Kill thousands and you are a conqueror.
Kill everyone and you are God.
It's worth noting that my school was OVERFLOWING with Seven Day Adventists, which are like Christians on ecstacy... just fucking unpredictable as hell.

Jesus my head is bleeding! Goddamn work. Anyway...

I also wore, usually at least once a week, my longsleeve CANNIBAL CORPSE shirt of the album Tomb Of The Mutilated. The music was just shitty as hell, but the shirt had a gigantic painting on the front of two mutilated zombies, one man one woman leaning against a coffin, one slitting the other one up with a knife, both naked and the man was licking the zombie girl's twat. On the back it had a giant stone pentagram with a rotted corpse in the middle. I never got in trouble for that shirt.

My completely fucking BRAINDEAD Manson freak cronie JJ had a "Reverend Manson" shirt he wore all the time that said, "I AM THE GOD OF FUCK" on the back and he never got in trouble for that either.

I almost got sent home when I wore my Slayer tank top. No sleeves. What kind of bullshit is that? I went to my locker and got my stank ass workout shirt and threw my tank top on over it. Fuck 'em all. :)

I also, after the point I decided to drop out, took off my shirt in class and opened up the teacher's desk, got the box of markers, and wrote:
Jesus
Loves You
But I
DON'T
I spent almost an hour marking that in. Then I put it on and got some laughs from my Christian buddies. I was really fond of that shirt... until I was cut off on the highway and my cigarette fell out and burned a hole right in the middle of the front. It wouldn't look so bad if there wasn't a huge tuft of hair sticking out of it when I put it on so... it's been warming the bottom of the drawer for a few years.

Boy, that's funny. Those guys were fucked up. I never even heard of Joy Electric until those fuckers. :)
"Hey, you guys want a cigar?"
"Sure!"
"You're just going to throw it away, aren't you?"
"Well, yeah."

Too bad they didn't like Shotgun Messiah, 2wo, Orgy, or any other of the bands I was discovering at the time.

Goddammit... the last thing I needed was my head bleeding.

Guest fraggle`
Sir Fragsalot said:

Heh... I have a shirt that says "1 4|\/| L337" on the front and "G1\/3 M3 W4R3Z" on the back. ("I am Leet" and "Give me warez") People get freaked out when they see it.

i have a tshirt i bought from thinkgeek.com that says "RTFM" on the front

Chief said:

I hate MANSON because he's an anti-religeos fanatic. I really don't see much of a difference between him and Rev. Jerry Falwell. They're both telling me how to live and what to believe when they should both just shut the fuck up and entertain me like the monkeys they are.

But I'm not bitter. :)