Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Biffy

Nimrod - need a tip

I'm so bad at solving doom puzzles, I need a hint about Nimrod. I haven't been able to see how to complete map01 yet. What strikes me about that map, aside from the beautiful work, is that there is very little to do. Empty rooms all over, just a few enemies and no exit. Well of course there's an exit, but in what area of the map?

considering you start facing north, go west after you leave the start room. go down the lift, and head down the stairs and east to the silver corridor. the corridor turns south. go past the first arachnotron, you'll find another one guarding a switch. after all the talking, the door at the base of the stairs west of the switch will open.

you'll be outside. behind the wooden crate there is a door. activate the wall facing the door and you'll find a switch. thats the emergency generator. go back to the room with the lift and go thru the western door. if you go up the lift on the left you can activate the bay door, and I think the exit, in the control room to the north. the exit is south of the lift.

if you want 100% kills, the go into any of the alcoves next to the lift that leads to the exit. they go down to a storage area with an arachnotron. the secret is were the exit is. there is a gray box in the corner. jump on it, then to metal stucture on the wall to the north. jump to the next one and activate the wall. there is a health bonus vial that gives you 15(!) points of health.

I havent beaten the second stage cuz crashes. I think its segment violation something or other. hope that wasn't to confusing.

Make sure you have the latest version of Legacy before playing.

Also, I am having unbeleivable difficulty beating MAP08. A little help anyone?

well, there's this cliff, and it's impossible to get to the base over the little ricks you gave us. The only way I got passed was with gravity set to zero.

There's one place in that ridge that is REALLY hard. (thanks Michael :p) it's where there's a pole standing a bit out from the wall. Don't attempt to jump to this. it's a distraction. Just jump directly to the one next to the wall and then directly to the safe ground. Don't take any pause, I think you need the speed.. Never tried stopping, probaly would fall anyway.

Hope it helps.. anyywa, Noone's gonna look funny at you if you fail it. It's hard as hell. Took me a while to figure out myself. But it's fun when you do.

Thanks for the tip Ebola!

BTW, I think i'll stick to my methood. It's a shame though, that level has all kinds of cool stuff.

Vileslay: The exit for map 02 is at the end of the conveyor belt, in the room with the shotgun.

Does anyone else get really annoyed with the constant crashes and corrupted savegames? (I don't know how many times I had to play map 03 to finish it) But the really annoying thing is that Legacy drops your health to 1% when you use god mode (why?!?!?!?!) and though you can use idbeholds to get it back, that's only to full health, not whatever you had beforehand. Also those plasmagunners are a bit over the top, I mean they kill you from 100% health/armour in <1 sec, and you can't use god mode....(and I'm not using -fast either)

Aside from those, it's a quality wad so far (i'm at the start of map 06), it looks great (almost like Malice in some ways) and some of the features are quite neat (eg. water, messages, puzzle items), it's just a shame that the bugs/crashes have ruined my experience of playing it so far. (although it did get better after map 03)

(of course this is just my opinion)

heh, I like those plasmagunners the most of all my new monsters.

Yes it's a shame about the savegame bugs. it's really a sad story.

BTW Legacy don't set your health to 1. Nimrod do that. it's a thing I added in the dehacked cause I am so evil. MWUAHAHAHHAH

When I passed from map1 to map2, my shotgun was taken away. Picked up shells, still no shotgun. Did Nimrod do that? I got the latest beta version of Legacy to play it.

OK, perhaps I overreacted a bit with the plasmagunners, I got used to them after a while. (good idea, too) The rest of the wad was great (I especially liked the batteries and the yellow key/conveyor thing in map 08) but maps 08 and 09 corrupt savegames as well as map 03 (which unfortunately forced me to idfly across the mountains at the start of map 08, and cheat against that cool cyberdemon but the rest of it was fine)

Anyway, it's still great work and well worth playing.

Biffy: Nope. never heard of that happening before either,,.

Ultimate DooMer: You can actually play all maps from start w/o any weapons . It's designed like that. as can the boss map. although it get harder. IMO the boss map is most fun that way though. Cause you gotta do some mad moves to get the Hellraiser (BFG) and survive.