Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
masterhassan

BLACK SABBATH LIVES!!!

thats right. if you've ever heard the term Heavy metal then you should know who black sabbath is. they only invented it. for ozzfest 2001 ozzy is getting back together with teh original sabbath line-up. this is maybe the fourth tiem since 78' when ozy was kicked out. for live-aid in 85 i think. in 92 on ozzy's no more tours tour, in '98 twice for teh reunion album. and now damn tihis is great...somewhat doom related.

That is good news. I was too little to seem them live - but they belong to Doom. Post when you know more.

Guest DestROYer

Hurrah for Black sabbath

There was a time I loved such music... also ACDC, Today I prefer english baroque-music.
There is a nice wad named "Adbelazer", made by Thomas Drugg.
"Adbelazer" is a music piece of Henry Purcell, the man who brought the music back to england in the second half of the 17th century (England used to be a country without an own music before, mostly italian and french music was played). Allthough Thomas Drugg says in his .txt that he do not think that Purcell´s music fits into the wad, I enjoy playing it with Purcell´s music in the background.

Look for abdelaze.zip, there is also a review on Team Insanity.

Phoenix said:

I was too little to seem them live - but they belong to Doom.

It's cool how an American game like Doom can have so many English influences, now it's that great English band Sabbath :)
It always makes me smile when everywhere in USA a LIFT is called an Elevator (EXCEPT IN DOOM) :)

I my English is bad. The guy/girl originally posting mentioned “somewhat doom related”
Doom - Demons, Monsters, Ghosts, the dark side.
Black Sabbath, witches, wizards, demons, the dark side.
The dark side and the fascination with it, is a worldwide phenomena. Something id Software and Black Sabbath both capitalized on.

So lets rephrase the ‘but they belong to Doom’ to ‘since they both depict the dark side, I think Black Sabbath is a very good relative of Doom.
Hope this makes more sense. :)

Phoenix said:

That is good news. I was too little to seem them live - but they belong to Doom. Post when you know more.

Wow...Sabbath...back together...ROCK!
Wait a sec...idea! Sabbath can do the music for Doom 3...that would be the ultimate!

imagine fighting the cyberdemon while listening to iron man, teh pace of teh song pretty much matches that of the fight. and destroying the spiderdemon along to time machine...(nmot an ozy song but good nonethe less

...or, on that note, fighting the Icon of Sin to "Virtual Death" (yes, I know... not a song with Ozzy, but good Sabbath tune, anyway).

Guest Jesus Christ

dadfad