Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

The "Upcoming TC" Problem

We have a really big problem in the community in my eyes! And this problem begins with new TCs which overflow our Internet every day! And most of these Conversions, or let's say projects, will never be finished! Never, because the projects where cancelled! Never, because the creators get involved in reallife(tm) or they have lost the fun and interest on their proudly started projects! Take a look at Doomworld for example: Almost every second project is outdated or cancelled! So, what to do? Some guys easily say, the "wannabe" creators of new projects should take part on existing projects! But isn't this a bit too easy?? Take a look at me: When I wasn't well known in the Doom Community (and I still don't know if I am), I tried to take part on exisitng projects! But as every leader would react, if somebody unknown wants to take part on his "great" and "skilled" team, I was turned away! Well, so the only chance I had, was to start my own project (Perforated Entrails) and to sign up my own team of (also very unknown) Leveldesigners! And now again, this (my) project needs help of level designers and coders! But nobody can help because everybody thinks, it is better to start his own TC/Project! So, what should we do, in your eyes?? Help would be helpful :-P

Greetings Tormentor667

my mega wad will be finishid infact in one days time i have gotten a demo with 4 maps (althou this is a railgun only megawad for skulltag) go d/l it

Guest Omega

Fuck you! Fuck you all to hell!

You are right Tormy !
Our life problem is always there ! At any time.
Schools, studies, works, familly, girl friends ! ...

Sometimes we need to stop or cancel a little time to some responsability that we can't lets. But we can rejoin the teams, retaken the ways we lets before, and continu the way ...

New level designers should just make a couple of small .wads, preferrably with only one level each. If you tell someone you want to join their project but you have no previous work to show them, of course they're going to reject you.

It's kind of like trying to get a job without a CV.

My first .wad, Realms of Pain, had only six levels, but it led to me being invited to join the Darkening Episode 1 and Gothic DM 2 teams and being accepted into the Mordeth E2 tea.

Guest GBJacksonCGDC
Omega said:

Fuck you! Fuck you all to hell!

Whatever...

I posted something similar to this in the editing forum a while back (http://www.doomworld.com/forums/editing/messages/10628.shtml)

The cool thing would be if *someone* could start up a kinda 'union' for up-and-coming designers, and regularly release 32-level WADs filled with levels by the new talent.

Hopefully, if a team needs designers, then they would play the WAD, and any level that really stood out would be an indication of which level designer they wish to 'hire' (Best word I can think of at the mo. I'm tired).

It looks like my project (URL below) May turn out to be this kind of WAD... I have Andy Leaver and GiltyGear doing levels for me - none of which are high-profile designers, and I, myself is but a newbie.

What does anyone think? Should I go ahead with this kinda thing?

Actually, see this post (Below). I have the answer. I think...

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/editing/messages/10647.shtml

Guest Stealthy Ivan

I have seen these problems that you complain about. This kinda shit happens, it always has. I remember back in the day on the BBS, people would still boast about a doom wad, and alot of them never got finished. There always will be people who never finish shit, and there still will be the people who do.... So I dont see a problem at all.......

Stealthy Ivan

Guest kristus

Hmm I don't recall you mailing me asking to make levels for my project. ;)

I usually give people a chance weather they can show previous work or not. But then again I'm not 1337.

Phew. these maps are so close to being finished... why the hell can't I bring myself to work on them? (I'm a bit of a downer atm)

Well,my TC isnt cancelled,just being made veeery slowly,Level 6 is being gradually done-and the 7th level is being planned