Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest deathwarrior

problems with wadauthor

Guest deathwarrior

ok, for some reason, Wadauthor wont group save anymore. I've reinstalled it twice and it still doesnt work. Now i cant make much progress on my SP wad. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, it says illegal operation - kernel32.dll but i dont think that would matter much

Delete ALL the old wadauthor files and then reinstall. Some install programs will not replace any files that are the same date or newer than the program package. So if something is damaged, just reinstalling will not fix anything.

I think that's pretty dumb - the install system should at least give some kind of warning. I just ran into a user with a similar problem (Install Shield) and forgot that issue for about a week.

Wadauthor doesn't have an install program. You just unzip the files into whatever folder you want. To uninstall it all you do is delete the files/folder. It makes no changes to the registry(AFAIK).

At one time it had an Install program and it made a registry association. Just look at the original 3D game book for an example. So it depends where one got the copy from.

Guest deathwarrior
deepteam said:

Delete ALL the old wadauthor files and then reinstall. Some install programs will not replace any files that are the same date or newer than the program package. So if something is damaged, just reinstalling will not fix anything.

I think that's pretty dumb - the install system should at least give some kind of warning. I just ran into a user with a similar problem (Install Shield) and forgot that issue for about a week.

i did delete all of the files before reinstalling it twice, except my ST config