Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gokuma

offtopic - Dreamcast

I'm sure everyone has heard they stopped production on systems and dropped the price to $99.99 but are continuing software production for about 18 months. I seriously recommend getting a system and also if you can find them, Saturn controllers and adapters to use them/PS contols/PC keyboards on DC. Fucnoland currently sells both types of normal Saturn controllers for $1. I got three adapters for $30 each at a Microplay.

I recommend getting any 2D fighter by Capcom, SNK, or Sammy plus Phantasy Star Online, Tony Hawk 1 or 2, and some cheap decent games like Zombie Revenge ($10 at sega.com). I think Street Fighter Alpha 3 has actually been out of production for a while so I recommend that game first. Anyone who's only familar with the old SF2's for SNES, should check out the SFA3 page at http://akuma.condemned.com/2dfight/ and see what it has evolved to. It's 3 players and you can download wicked master characters to fight against from www.booyaka.com. Marvel vs Capcom (1 not 2) is 4 players. A wicked import is Guilty Gear X. It's not the most balanced but it's freaking amazing. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a weird but cool fighting game once you get used to it. The US version is butchered though.

One thing you MUST get if you have a playstation is bleemcast. i dont own a dreamcast (saving for ps2) but if you have a dreamcast the get this it can run ps1 games BETTER then original

Guest giltygear

What you might want to do is something that I've been doing with Saturn games for about the last six months: Wait until they stop making games for the system altogether. That way you can get a whole shitload of good games for a dirt-cheap price. I don't expect anyone to listen, but I'd just thought I'd lend out my opinion.

And another thing; Even though this is a DooM forum, I would have to seriously recommend that you get Quake 3 Arena for DC. It IS some of the smoothest FPS action (online and off) on any console.

giltygear said:

What you might want to do is something that I've been doing with Saturn games for about the last six months: Wait until they stop making games for the system altogether. That way you can get a whole shitload of good games for a dirt-cheap price. I don't expect anyone to listen, but I'd just thought I'd lend out my opinion.

And another thing; Even though this is a DooM forum, I would have to seriously recommend that you get Quake 3 Arena for DC. It IS some of the smoothest FPS action (online and off) on any console.

Quake3. With a joypad.

*holds sides in and laughs till he pukes*

Actually you can play Q3 with mouse and keyboard, but I could care less about the game.

Some good games are already dirt cheap. You can find SFA3 for $20. I wouldn't wait because they're still going to make games for a year and half. You wait too long and you won't be able to get ahold of the games you want that are out of production. I've had a Saturn for almost four and half years and I finally got the 10 player Saturn Bomberman (not be confused with a couple other Bomberman games for Saturn), only because a friend working at Microplay caught it when it was traded in. Heh heh. With one multiplayer adapter and enough controllers which I do have, I can play a 7 player game. Multiplayer Saturn games are riot. Guardian Heroes and Fire Prowrestling S: 6men Scramble kick ass. There's nothing like using Cactus Jack and stabbing each of the other five players in the head with a fork. Fire Pro is an import and not to be confused which this other Fire Pro game that sucks. Fire Pro D is being made for Japanese Dreamcast but it won't be 6 players like the Saturn.

Also Bleemcast isn't out and might not even come out. I seriously do not recommend PS2.

Guest Omega
SaGa said:

One thing you MUST get if you have a playstation is bleemcast. i dont own a dreamcast (saving for ps2) but if you have a dreamcast the get this it can run ps1 games BETTER then original

What does this have to do with Doom?

I couldn't care less if someone made a post of their grandma's birthday or something.