Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragg

NV20 in 3 weeks.....Specs n' price$

Guest fragg

Aceshardware says today Nvidia's new "killer" video-card will be out in 3 weeks.
It's no longer called NV20. The name is "GeForce-3".
Price $700.

Specs.....
***60 million transistors. (Almost more transistors than new Intel-P4 and AMD-Athlon "combined").
***Theoretical fillrate is 3.2 G/texel/sec and 800 M/pixels/sec.
***Four pipelines can handle four textures per pixel (Geforce-2 has 2 textures).
***T&L engine, that can crunch 150 million triangles/sec.
Carmack has one, is using it as "benchmark" for his Doom3 engine.

Ridiculous and useless. I'd be surprised if it didn't bottleneck with the newest Pentium 4 chips. I'll buy it for about $80-$120 when Doom3 comes out.

You guys are rich. Seven hundred for one video card. Will Doom3 be that demanding that I got to get a ultra video card?????

Looks like all those people who've been telling everyone wanting a new 3D card to "wait for the NV20" are coughing into their pissed-in coffee.

Further evidence that Nividia are rapidly becoming the Microsoft of the PC hardware industry.

I suppose the most we can hope for is that it will cause existing cards to go down a price a bit...

Phoenix said:

You guys are rich. Seven hundred for one video card. Will Doom3 be that demanding that I got to get a ultra video card?????

NV20's are the recommended graphics card for Doom 3. Anything older and you'll have turn down the "gee whizz factor" a LOT.