Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom music... i set up an ftp. screw napster.

screw napster. napster sucks. it never works right. so i broke down and installed an ftp program. it's up right now. maximum 5 users. it has the all of the pc, n64, and psx doom music i have on there. here you go. i'll leave the site up as long as i can.

user: doom
password: doom

maximum 5 users

ha, ha, ha, yo you sure as f*ck ain't playin! Napster is the best things there is out therem, but that doesn't say much ;)..
Anyways, if it won't find your files try renaming them slightly like doom 64: even simpler_LVL8 or something. Just make sure ya keep the basic doom 64 name. By da way I don't much about ftp and when I put in ftp.24.72.20.212 I get an error about server name or address couldn't be resolved. It doesn't ask for user name or password. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. did ya get the chat message in napster because first it said you are online and now it says you are off??? Weird sh*t, I'm tellin ya.

i should still be on napster. i left it on when i left home for school. i logged on and off a few times this morning trying to get the files to share. maybe that's why you saw me, then couldn't find me. sorry about that. and i did try to rename the files already. no luck.

i just double checked my ftp and it's working. you might want to try an ftp program instead of netscrape or explorer. i don't think my ftp server will support those. i recommend bulletproof ftp or cute ftp. oh, and the right syntax for ftp through a web browser is:

ftp://(site name)

so:

ftp://24.72.20.212

however, that does an anonymous login which my site doesn't support. so you'll have to use an ftp prog.

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Damn it! I can't get into the ftp site! Which FTP program should I use?

elbryan42 said:

i should still be on napster. i left it on when i left home for school. i logged on and off a few times this morning trying to get the files to share. maybe that's why you saw me, then couldn't find me. sorry about that. and i did try to rename the files already. no luck.

i just double checked my ftp and it's working. you might want to try an ftp program instead of netscrape or explorer. i don't think my ftp server will support those. i recommend bulletproof ftp or cute ftp. oh, and the right syntax for ftp through a web browser is:

ftp://(site name)

so:

ftp://24.72.20.212

however, that does an anonymous login which my site doesn't support. so you'll have to use an ftp prog.

yo, nice work bro! I gots one file for now, I'll be back later to scoop some more. Peace out

Cacodemon Leade said:

i would use bulletproof or cute ftp. i tested out the site with dos ftp (archaic text based... ech) so i know it works. what are you using?

Cacodemon Leade said:

i'd use bullet proof ftp or cute ftp. what are you using?

OOPS! windows crashed. wasn't sure if the reply went thru or not.

Guest Cacodemon Leade
elbryan42 said:

i would use bulletproof or cute ftp. i tested out the site with dos ftp (archaic text based... ech) so i know it works. what are you using?

I use WS_FTP Pro.

never used the program. i have no clue why it won't work for you. can you find the site, or does it just not let you in?

I like how people blame their shitty computer/modem/or phone line on the program.

And before you say "no they're not shit!", first explain why Napster runs fine on everyone else's machines and not yours.

For all who have d'l problems:

ftp://doom:doom@24.72.20.212

BTW: Where have you the PSX Doom Music from, ripped ?

NiGHTMARE said:

I like how people blame their shitty computer/modem/or phone line on the program.

And before you say "no they're not shit!", first explain why Napster runs fine on everyone else's machines and not yours.

napster is buggy and hangs my computer a lot. And I'm using beta 7, I gave up on beta 9 and whatever's out now.

King Elvis said:

For all who have d'l problems:

ftp://doom:doom@24.72.20.212

BTW: Where have you the PSX Doom Music from, ripped ?

yup. i ripped it myself. i'll be doing the remainder of the levels soon. the full songs are there. the songs tend to repeat after 4-10 mins, depending on the track.

hey that link works! i must of had the syntax wrong when i tested it out yesterday. by the way, if you're going to link to my site, please ask me first. i have no problem with it if you ask first.

Jon said:

napster is buggy and hangs my computer a lot. And I'm using beta 7, I gave up on beta 9 and whatever's out now.

napster always crashes on mine, and i have cable. it doesn't see all of my files, and when someone's files are loading up in the hotlist, and you click on something, napster always locks up. all versions. scour worked perfect. and you could search the whole database at the time compared to one server at a time with napster. scour should be back out soon...