Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest limpstein

Someone Gimme Doom Textures

Guest limpstein

Can anyone get me the Doom Textures like zip em up for me and email em to limpstein@hotmail.com cause i was thinking of doing some Doom levels for a 3d game like Kingpin or Half-Life

Best I could do was extract all doom2 patches and zip them. Sent
them just now. This isn't quite the same thing as textures, since "textures" are lists of patches and their alignment in the texture.
Someone correct me if that's not quite right.

Good luck.

OK,good.

Now get this...I send the zipped patches, 2.6 Mb, and his mail
rejects it...message too large. Sigh. Limpy, if you read this,
reply with maximum message size you can handle and I might, maybe, rezip them into several smaller files. Or, check that your mailbox is not too full...whatever the problem is.

Doh! Whenever someone uses the old textures on a new engine, it looks crappy. I wish someone would make high-quality remakes of the textures...that would rock.

My brother was able to make some of the textures for Doom look quite good in Quake3. He even used shaders to make the pentagrams glow and all that kind of neat stuff. I don't know anything about quake editing so I can't really tell you how he did it though.

Um, he's bigger than me. I can't take him :) Besides he's in Calgary right now. AFAIK all the work is still on the other computer. Next time he calls, I'll ask him where it all is and what files are involved.

Biffy said:

OK,good.

Now get this...I send the zipped patches, 2.6 Mb, and his mail
rejects it...message too large. Sigh. Limpy, if you read this,
reply with maximum message size you can handle and I might, maybe, rezip them into several smaller files. Or, check that your mailbox is not too full...whatever the problem is.

Been having these kind of problems recently myself.

He has a hotmail account, and your total individual space on the hotmail server is limited to (I think) 2MB for all saved messages and incoming stuff.

Guest limpstein

thx guys, i got 3 emails with textures thats all i need :)