Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esco

Yo, everyone, I think we missed somethin'!!

Yo, yo, by now everyone here knows that the doom 64 version of doom, and the psx versions of doom have the same monster sounds. Well, there' something I just thought of... If ALL the monsters have new sounds then we don't have the following from the psx version...
Arch-vile
Revenant
heavy weapon dude (former human commando)
spider mastermind
baphomet

These guys ARE NOT IN DOOM 64, but they are on psx, so they should have new sounds! Anyone have any info on this, because if I'm right we need to get these sounds too. And since I can't get my computer to record anymore I may not be able to do it.

Anyway, someone with the psx versions of doom let me know if I'm right. Anyone, willing to rip or record these monster sounds?

Guest Nodus

What the hell are we going to do with these sounds.

The archvile and ss guard monsters are not present in the psx version of Doom. I think the archvile was left out to save on memory due to the large number of animation frames. The ss guard was left out so the game wouldn't be banned in places like Germany and other European countries. The boss shooter and the "John Romero" enemy are absent as well.
The sounds for the chaingun dude are probably the same as the sounds for the zombies and seargents. Dunno about the Spider mastermind or the revenant though.

Yo son, there are 2 dooms on psx: that ultimate doom collection and final doom. Are either of these guys in final doom, or are they missing too?

I don't have psx Doom or Final Doom, but according to Ledmeister's
Doom information page, no. They are not present in either game.

http://members.aol.com/ledmeister/index.html

That site has loads of info on practially every commercial version of Doom ever released. It has comparison charts, pros and cons of each version
and tons of other stuff. The whole nine yards.

Same monsters in both psx doom and final doom. the chaingun dude has the same zombie sounds, but the chaingun sounds just like yours (a whole bunch of pistol shots together.

There is NO archvile, SS soldier, or Romero.

The revenant does have new sounds, and the spider mastermind, not sure. Anyways, I could make the sounds for these (just beat the game, press record, and then split the file.

I'll also try to get the shotgun sound again. On the psx there's a TON of bass behind it that got lost somewhere in esco's sounds. We're talking if you have a subwoofer and doom turned up you'll shake your house and your neighbor's houses. Sorry, esco, don't mean to dis ya, but the rest of the sounds are top notch. Once again, GREAT job!

I'll do this after Doom 64 is done.