Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

So the unavoidable wave of newbies arrives...

Guest ZarcyB

Marvellous.

Bah.

We need that oldies forum, where you have to have been registered here 6 months or have 400+ posts to get in. That would be sweet.

Guest ZarcyB

Let's start a petition thingy!

Lüt said:

Bah.

We need that oldies forum, where you have to have been registered here 6 months or have 400+ posts to get in. That would be sweet.

OK for 6 months but not 400 posts... damn...
Wait, do you count irc lines :P

Lüt said:

Bah.

Hell naw, yo! Most of da people I be talkin' to is oldies, but I'm still pretty new (on da forums just, I've been checkin' out doomworld for almost 2 years now!)

It would suck if all the newbies could talk to was other newbies. You know why? Because a lot of you "old timers" know a lot more about what goes on around here, and are perfect for teachin' all these new people what da deal is!

Just have some patience ya'll, they'll gat the idea. And if they don't always remember that an old fashioned PIMP SLAP works wonders! ;P

Lüt said:

Bah.

...but my account is fubared :P I had to delete it way back in May of last year 'cause for some reason it messed up and my password wasn't being recognized. I reregistered using the same data as my old account, and now it won't update my post count :(
@$#@%**)(!

esco said:

Hell naw, yo! Most of da people I be talkin' to is oldies, but I'm still pretty new (on da forums just, I've been checkin' out doomworld for almost 2 years now!)

It would suck if all the newbies could talk to was other newbies. You know why? Because a lot of you "old timers" know a lot more about what goes on around here, and are perfect for teachin' all these new people what da deal is!

Just have some patience ya'll, they'll gat the idea. And if they don't always remember that an old fashioned PIMP SLAP works wonders! ;P

I don't think having an oldies forum would prevent communication with newbies... I would personnaly still check the other forums.
But I can understand some oldies here would like to get a place to have calm discussions.
I have nothing against newbies. I think a community sanity is measured by its amount of newbies. But a lot of the newbies who post here are not what I would examples of tolerance and respect.
Anyway, it's an old newbie who talks ;)

Stphrz said:

...but my account is fubared :P I had to delete it way back in May of last year 'cause for some reason it messed up and my password wasn't being recognized. I reregistered using the same data as my old account, and now it won't update my post count :(
@$#@%**)(!

You, Newbie !! :P ;) :)

Oh yeah? Well you're a pink fish. Waddya think of that? =P

Heh.

Guest deathwarrior
Julian said:

OK for 6 months but not 400 posts... damn...
Wait, do you count irc lines :P

if you count irc lines at #doom, that should get me up to about 6000 lines ;)

ZarcyB said:

Let's start a petition thingy!

What's your problem with newbies? You want an old folks forum than go to http://www.ZarcyBandoverthehill.com/forum/old/doomed/ and take your buddies with it. I would vote for that.

===========================

Guest ZarcyB

Hey wtf? I suggest something then you come along with that? Man there's something wrong with you!

You want a petition, have one. What will the petition be about? Every one gets their own forum? You are right there is something wrong with me I really thought this forum is about Doom . Sorry Grandpops, have your petition, I will be back when DoomIII comes out. So you are save for now

Well, don't call me a newbie. That's a very bad word, in my book. I have been here at DooMWorld for the last 5 months. Oh well.