Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DOOMWORLD LOVES NEWBIES

As founder and god of Doomworld I would just like to say: welcome newbies!

Yes, newbies can ask sometimes dumb questions or say pointless things, but to relentlessly flame them doesn't help anyone.

Everyone was a newbie once. A long time ago, probably late 1995 or so, I posted to a Doom newsgroup asking if Final Doom could run PWADs. I don't even remember if I got any responses, but I do remember that no one flamed me for asking what now seems like a trivially easy question.

If someone had told me to shut the fuck up, there might have been a good chance that I would have never returned to the Doom newsgroups, which introduced me to the Doom community, which eventually led to me founding and running the site you know and love. You might even say that if I had been flamed for my stupid question, Doomworld wouldn't exist and the Doom community would be dead! Well, maybe not, but you get the idea.

There is very little that a complete newbie can say in a post without either sounding like an idiot to someone already knowledgable about Doom, or rehashing a question which has already been asked sometime in the last six months. It is unavoidable. Flaming people who are new to Doomworld only helps to drive them away and suppress the growth of the community you're a part of.

Guest fraggle`

> If someone had told me to shut the fuck up, there might have
> been a good chance that I would have never returned to the Doom
> newsgroups, which introduced me to the Doom community, which
> eventually led to me founding and running the site you know
> and love.

and hissy might be free!

LINGUICA YOU REATRD NEWBIES ARE STUPID AND IF THEY CANT FIGURE SOMETHING OUT THEN THEY DESERVE NOT TO KNOW SO THAT THEY CAN WALLOW IN THEIR OWN STUPIDITY UNTIL THEY SMARTEN UP, THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN IN A DOWNWARD SPIRAL FOR A LONG TIME NOW BUT NEVER TO THE POINT WHERE YOU'RE ACTUALLY ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO BE LAME I MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU DO YOU WANT TO DESTROY THE DOOM COMMUNITY I MEAN LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO DOOMNATION I HATE YOU I HOPE YOU DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

mewse said:

LINGUICA YOU REATRD NEWBIES ARE STUPID AND IF THEY CANT FIGURE SOMETHING OUT THEN THEY DESERVE NOT TO KNOW SO THAT THEY CAN WALLOW IN THEIR OWN STUPIDITY UNTIL THEY SMARTEN UP, THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN IN A DOWNWARD SPIRAL FOR A LONG TIME NOW BUT NEVER TO THE POINT WHERE YOU'RE ACTUALLY ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO BE LAME I MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU DO YOU WANT TO DESTROY THE DOOM COMMUNITY I MEAN LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO DOOMNATION I HATE YOU I HOPE YOU DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hey man !

Seems you took the wrong pills :P

Linguica said:

Hissy will be freed within 2 hours.

Oh My God has Linguica the Hissy Hogger(tm) turned over a new leaf?

Guest JudgeDooM
Arioch said:

I tolerate newbies.

Me 2. Until they start insulting everyone.

Guest fraggle`
Linguica said:

Hissy will be freed within 2 hours.

gasp! is hissy finally free? find out next week, er i mean in 2 hours!

Guest deathwarrior
Linguica said:

Flaming people who are new to Doomworld only helps to drive them away and suppress the growth of the community you're a part of.

how true.

p.s. ling, do you ever check dwhosting@doomworld.com?

Julian said:

Neat :)

DOOMWORLD LOVES NEWBIES - roflmao, although I still aggree on you saying "We were all newbies once" thing Linguica