Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Use

wadauthor needs updated

anyone ever have this problem before? it seems a few of my levels are so huge that they go way off the screen area in wadauthor. Not even the scroll bars can reach parts of the map. The levels still saves and compliles completely, but those areas off the screen are uneditable...in wadauthor anyway. has this happened to anyone else?? an i using the newest version of wadauthor (v 1.30) if not let me know where i can get some patches or something. ;P

This is because some limitations of the win9x, under NT family of winblows it doesn't have such limitation. The solution is to use earlier version of the WadAuthor.

Just in case your map is off screen on only one side, you can use the "select all" function, and drag the map over to be more centered around 0,0.

Use3D said:

has this happened to anyone else?? an i using the newest version of wadauthor (v 1.30) if not let me know where i can get some patches or something. ;P

It has happened to me one a couple of my larger maps. One of my computers has Win95, the other has Win 2000 Professional (based on NT). The large maps show up fine on Win2K, but get cut off on WIn95.

There is no patch for WadAuthor that fixes this. If you're looking for a free utility that is similar to WadAuthor, try XWE. It doesn't have the problem you describe.

Yes it does.

I had the exact same problem on my Win95 PC, but don't now.

So yeah, either learn to put up with it and do what Biffy said or get a new editor :P

Retox said:

This is because some limitations of the win9x, under NT family of winblows it doesn't have such limitation. The solution is to use earlier version of the WadAuthor.

Win9x has 16 bit limits to scrollbar values that triggers this problem. However, one can compensate for this problem fairly easily. The biggest hassle is that if you zoom, you can't scroll to the edges no matter what you do (in Win9x).

What happened is that John thought that the "limits" he coded were sufficient. Similarly WA won't even load a level if it gets past a certain size. He posted that here last year when I pointed out that some levels couldn't even be LOADED much less edited - Millenium map 24. The latter issue appears in Win9x and XP.