Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

which music is better? n64, psx or PC?

Now that most of youse have heard all of them, which is your fave?

I love the n64 ones, but most of the tracks have the same sounds, however they're freaky as hell. I was freaked out all week when I was ripping them. Listening to them over and over.

The PSX ones are awesome, and a wide variety, and more sounds in each track, but not as freaky.

And then there's PC, which wins for catchy and original tunes.

I personnaly like the PSX ones, how about you guys?

I like both the psx and the n64 equally as much, they kick the pc doom tracks square in the nuts.

BTW, the club doom track has to be one of the funkiest songs i have ever heard, i tried to dance to it, but when the beat started going like 500mph I busted a fart out of my ass from the squeazage, i also fell on my ass and now i can't move.

Good work man, you kicketh the testiculies of ass.

The best tunes in mah opinion are the doom 64 intro, stats screen and endgame music! Then the psx club doom track, and then the pc doom music. The pc doom music in mp3 format is really tight, and stands out most in my mind! I don't like 90% of da psx music, it sounds like crap compared to the N64! The N64 music is tight too, but most of it is actually creepy sounds and shit! I'm puerto rican, and I love stuff wit a fast beat, it runs in mah blood!

P.S. fodders if you translate any more of my messages wrong, I'm fixin' to gib yo ass wit a railgun!

Well...the PC midis are somewhat awful due to bad note polyphony and other errors they have. I mean, midis always had that problem. (Look at my thread called "quality of midis")
The PSX ones are ok. Some of them are rythymatic and some are ambient. The ambient ones are especially good, including the one that plays on Final Doom's "Aztec", Doom's "Hell Keep", and Doom 2's "The Factory" and "The Mansion."
Some of the N64 ones are better than the PSX ones, but I'd say both the PSX and N64 ones are the best.

my favourite music has got to be the psx,its really creepy and sets the mood right for fighting hell spawn,but so does the N64 version.The pc music isent bad.

I know, the Doom 64 music is really freaky (Especially Map 20)

By the way, does PSX doom use the Doom 64 sprites or are those sprites for N64 only (I figured that the PSX would use sprites to correspond with the sounds)?

esco said:

The best tunes in mah opinion are the doom 64 intro, stats screen and endgame music! Then the psx club doom track, and then the pc doom music. The pc doom music in mp3 format is really tight, and stands out most in my mind! I don't like 90% of da psx music, it sounds like crap compared to the N64! The N64 music is tight too, but most of it is actually creepy sounds and shit! I'm puerto rican, and I love stuff wit a fast beat, it runs in mah blood!

P.S. fodders if you translate any more of my messages wrong, I'm fixin' to gib yo ass wit a railgun!

You like to gib with a rail too eh? I challenge you.

MACVILEWHORE said:

Nah, the sprites are doom64 only.

so technically, doom 64 stole the sounds from psx doom, since psx doom came out first.

Dude, the people who made psx doom also made doom64, raster does all of ID's console ports, so thats also why the music sounds just like some of the music from psx doom.

Guest JudgeDooM

PSX! PSX! PSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
I won't explain again the effect they do to me 'cos I've told that many times. But damn, if they could include music like that in Doom III, I'll be so happy!!!!!!
The N64 musics are cool too. But my favorite musics ever are those from the PSX!!!! And they ever will be!!!!

Guest JudgeDooM
MACVILEWHORE said:

I like both the psx and the n64 equally as much, they kick the pc doom tracks square in the nuts.

BTW, the club doom track has to be one of the funkiest songs i have ever heard, i tried to dance to it, but when the beat started going like 500mph I busted a fart out of my ass from the squeazage, i also fell on my ass and now i can't move.

Good work man, you kicketh the testiculies of ass.

Too bad we can't replace the original midi's with the PSX music like you replaced the original sounds with the N64 sounds (I did the same, but with the Counter-Strike sounds).

JudgeDooM said:

PSX! PSX! PSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
I won't explain again the effect they do to me 'cos I've told that many times. But damn, if they could include music like that in Doom III, I'll be so happy!!!!!!
The N64 musics are cool too. But my favorite musics ever are those from the PSX!!!! And they ever will be!!!!

Do you realize how freaked out I was after encoding, ripping, and listening to those console doom tracks for 2 weeks? I'm still jumping at the slightest bit of noise....ahhh! what's that? Oh, just my keyboard clicking, thought it was an imp sneaking up behind me.

JudgeDooM said:

Too bad we can't replace the original midi's with the PSX music like you replaced the original sounds with the N64 sounds (I did the same, but with the Counter-Strike sounds).

yeah we can, just go to DOS, switch to the dir that the mp3 is in,rename it to a .lmp file (i.e. D_RUNNIN.LMP) than use wintex, slect lumps, than go to load entry from file, than type colormap, select the .lmp you just renamed, load it in, rename it the track that u wanna replace (i.E. D_RUNNIN) than get into zdoom and there you go, all set

I just tried it! It works! But you have to have version 1.23, which is on my ftp.

Guest JudgeDooM
elbryan42 said:

Do you realize how freaked out I was after encoding, ripping, and listening to those console doom tracks for 2 weeks? I'm still jumping at the slightest bit of noise....ahhh! what's that? Oh, just my keyboard clicking, thought it was an imp sneaking up behind me.

lol!

Guest JudgeDooM
MACVILEWHORE said:

yeah we can, just go to DOS, switch to the dir that the mp3 is in,rename it to a .lmp file (i.e. D_RUNNIN.LMP) than use wintex, slect lumps, than go to load entry from file, than type colormap, select the .lmp you just renamed, load it in, rename it the track that u wanna replace (i.E. D_RUNNIN) than get into zdoom and there you go, all set

No luck. My MSDos is different, for example, I have to type é to get a normal m. That is, if I type m to obtain an m, I obtain another sign...once, it worked normally, when I typed in msDos, it was like I was typing in a MSWord sheet! But not anymore, I donno why (it was before I formatted). I could even do the \ sign while holding AltGR. Get over ICQ bro, I have a service to ask you.

I haven´t made up my mind yet.
But I think the PSX and N64 musik reminds of eachother a bit.
For instance, the DooM64 endgame and the PSX-DooM titlescreen music have very much in common. I have only downloaded 1/5 of each "soundtrack", but in this state I thin the PSX music are better.