Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostpilot

The same thing from another point of view

I don´t see why a person who is new in the DooM community should be marked "annoying" from the beginning.

I agree some new people are annoying, but far from all newbees are annoying. So I don´t think it´s a good idea to force all newbees into a forum marked "put all annoying people here".
That isn´t right. At least give them a chance.
I say, let´s tell them how to act instead.
The FAQ is a good way to do this.

I went through most of the posts dating back up to too month. When John Carmack had the demo in Japan, this forum went nuts. They are not against the new comers; they are tired of being overrun by well what they complained about, a shit load of senseless posts.
For example the FAQ idea is already posted at another thread, and good suggestion are listed.

Same here. I just joined Doomworld last Saturday, and to me, that would be prejudice on everyone's part:
"Uh oh, a newbie! Don't talk to him cause he's annoying and stupid, and....and he's a newbie!!"
Nice welcome. Pleased to see you too.

I only said that the FAQ was a good idea. I didn´t say it was my idea.

What´s with you guys? You mark words, you hack on people just because they happen to post more than one new topic, etc, etc.

I don´t know how you became oldies. But I had to make it the long way and be a newbie before I became an oldie.

Yes, you are right I overreacted. Besides, I think some vets are either gone to some place else or the issue has died down a little. Me I am up to snuff with the posts anyway. Yes I am new here too. You know who cares what they think about you or me. The new Doom engine is one hell of a program, and more important than forum issues. ;)