Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

The NEO-McCarthy era

it seems that after this school shooting we can expect another ass pounding for being gamers that play doom. As well as for the rest of us who dont fit in with the rest of the crowd. This pisses me off cause people never want to attack what is truly wrong because it is too hard they say. so they attack things with nothing to do with it cause they dont like it. I mean i get tired of the violence histaria that has been here for the last few years. Just cause a person dont fit in dont mean they kill. gamers, athieist, rockers/rappers, geeks ect are not to blame. How many articles blame doom and other games for violence. violence here is caused by people who tease and harass others, what do u expect it is defence in theird minds, and it is also caused by drugs and gangs. school shootings are not caused by Doom. please forgive my bad spelling

It is easier to blame than to fix. And Doom and SoF, MM etc are the easy tarkets. The Moral Majority got what they wanted. Games are rated. So the parents have control what the kids have access too. Kids should not have access to guns, that was just one of the problems we know based on the news. Doom is just a game, where you kill the evil monsters.
I am just sorry for the dead children and my heard goes out to their families.

Phoenix said:

Doom is just a game, where you kill the evil monsters.

It's time people understood, IN DOOM YOU DO NOT KILL EVIL MONSTERS, OR IN ANY GAME, you simply perform a series of actions on your computer that produce a sequence of pictures, the end result is a computer rendered DRAWING of x scene
No-one gets killed, YOU do not kill anything, you simply progress to next part of game or do not depending on which sequence of animations your actions caused

????? If I where a computer I would probably agree. I ain’t no computer. I use my imagination when playing Doom. You better otherwise you wont find all the secrets. To me those images look dam close to something like monsters, quite frankly it would not be fun otherwise. I could be wrong of course, just bought new classes, no still look the same to me. And once I use my keyboard and press this here button, oops one of those things just stopped moving. What happened? Well I know now it did not get killed, well it just dropped on the bottom of the red stuff, well I guess it’s just liquid of some sort. And what is that on the wall. Looks like an image of something hanging, not sure, looks reddish also, well at least part of it. I AM SO COFUSSED NOW. Buh hu hu.
If you want to defend Doom as a super game, go ahead, but don’t tell me that I am just operating a computer, and I am not actually playing Doom.

like i said in the news reply....kids shooting other kids....and for games having some part in it....this is a 15 year old kid..i dout violence games are the couse..unless he was on medication this is very unlikely. think about it only people who dont have a touch on reality would kill coze of a game..

Phoenix said:

....keyboard and press this here button, oops one of those things just stopped moving. What happened? Well I know now it did not get killed, well it just dropped on the bottom of the red stuff, well I

Yep you're playing DOOM, a GAME where you control what drawings your computer displays, that RED STUFF? it's a colour pallette, it stopped moving? Clue! it didn't die, your computer is now displaying a gif of a drawing not moving
Hate to break this to you, but.. in the film Bambi? Bambi's mom didn't die....THEY JUST STOPPED DRAWING HER! :)

fodders said:

in the film Bambi? Bambi's mom didn't die

Yes she did. They shot her dead. It was a drawing, but a drawing of her being shot dead. So in a way, you are infact wrong

fodders said:

Yep you're playing DOOM, a GAME where you control what drawings your computer displays, that RED STUFF? it's a colour pallette, it stopped moving? Clue! it didn't die, your computer is now displaying a gif of a drawing not moving
Hate to break this to you, but.. in the film Bambi? Bambi's mom didn't die....THEY JUST STOPPED DRAWING HER! :)

So I guess your last post is comprised of letters of the English alphabet with spaces in between, and shall not be interpreted as words let alone as sentences, and therefore can be ignored? Now be gentle please I am just a dumb ass newbie.

BTW the media has not picked on the video games yet. So to go back to the original post, Sephiroth nothing to worry yet. If they do we just dig out old clever posts and repost them. We won before for Doom and will again.

SaGa said:

like i said in the news reply....kids shooting other kids....and for games having some part in it....this is a 15 year old kid..i dout violence games are the couse..unless he was on medication this is very unlikely. think about it only people who dont have a touch on reality would kill coze of a game..

If he was on medication, he'd probably be less likely to do it.

Ralphis said:

Yes she did. They shot her dead. It was a drawing, but a drawing of her being shot dead. So in a way, you are infact wrong

I think in fact, they drew Bambi's mom walking along, and included the sound of a shot, then drew a drawing of a deer lay on the floor :)~You cannot actually shoot a cartoon dead, or itchy and scratchy would only be one episode :)

fodders said:

It's time people understood, IN DOOM YOU DO NOT KILL EVIL MONSTERS, OR IN ANY GAME, you simply perform a series of actions on your computer that produce a sequence of pictures, the end result is a computer rendered DRAWING of x scene
No-one gets killed, YOU do not kill anything, you simply progress to next part of game or do not depending on which sequence of animations your actions caused

Well, you've got it right to a certain extent, however the game operates in the same way life does. I mean, when you shoot somebody, you're only sending a glob of molecules into another glob of molecules, thus rearranging them in a random order, which causes certain neural and electric reactions in other globs of molecules. So, sorry but it's the same thing.

Except your HURTING the other thing, now if you can prove that the doomguy feels pain, I'm with you :)

MY SCHOOL HAS GUN DETECTORS BUT THEY ARE KEY DETECTORS TOO BECAUSE I HAVE TO GIVE THEM MY HOUSE KEY WHEN I GO THROUGH THEM AND IT SUCKS BECAUSE MY KEY ISNT A GUN

MEWSE

ARE YOU SURE THE SECURITY GUARDS DONT MAKE A SIMILAR KEY OUT OF SOAP I DID THAT ONCE TO GET INSIDE MY GRANPAS LOCKER HE HAD LOADS OF DOOM IN THERE HAHAHHAHA YOU ARE STUPID A KEY IS A WEAPON CAUZ YOU CAN STEAL WITH IT!!!!!!111

Guest deathwarrior

MY MUMMMY SAID GUNS ARE COOL!!!1

DONT YOU AGREE?!?!?

NO I DONT AGREE GUNS ARE KEWL AND THATS WHY MY GRANPA LIKES ORANGES HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH I THINK GUNS ARE COOL!!!!1

You should visit this page, I make no comment
http://www.angelfire.com/co2/tearsforericanddylan/