Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

questions about spawning vats

I've played through spawning vats (e2m7) a million times before and I have a few questions.

First of all, doesn't it piss people off that the place where you start in the beta just is now a boring room with a mere cacodemon. Seems like something should be there, and lo and behold, played the demo, and there's some marines playing cards and that's where you start.

And now an actual gameplay question. You know the room where there's a toxic pool in the center with some torches in it, with a switch in the room, and 2 doors which lead to a room with a staircase with some shotgun guys and ammo up top? First off all, just like the card playing room, it's an incredibly cool enviornment that looks like it's not complete. But my question is, what does that dang switch do? I flip it everytime, and nothing seems to happen.

Guest c-d-w

It opens a secret at the entrance to the level, which contains a soul sphere and a cell pack.
You also have to hit a switch in a small blood filled room to open the secret.

And no, it doesn't piss me off. I like the level just fine the way it is.

ok... it doesn't really piss me off that much. i'm just saying that the level could be so much more... it seems incomplete somehow, like it was rushed or something.

thanks for the info!

I found that room with the switch, and hmm.... Interesting...
Maybe I should open it up in DCK and find out what it does.