Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

OK, 3 can play at this game!

Guest PFCGray

Since top 10 seems to be a popular type of post in ANY forum, I've got a new list of top 10

People, let'd find out what everybody's top 10 favorite WADS are. Here are mine:

1. Dimensions of Time (Doom 2)
2. Perdition's Gate (Doom 2)
3. The Nocturnal Missions (Doom 2)
4. The DWANGO Series (All for Doom 2)
5. Aloha 999 (Ultimate Doom)
6. Doom Returns (Ultimate Doom)
7. Earth (Doom 2)
8. Cowboys From Hell (Ultimate Doom)
9. Cheese (Ultimate Doom)
10. Trails of Destruction (Doom 2)

If any of you have never heard of one, some, or all these WADS, then I must say, you're not a DOOM-er!

I thought the "Who is a Doomer and who not" discussion is over?

Anyway, since you posted some times about "Perdition's Gate", from where did you get the full comercial version? Is it still on sale? I looked on ebay but could not find it.

You have several wads up there I've never heard of. So I guess this means I've never played Doom.

Guest PFCGray
Peter Heinemann said:

I thought the "Who is a Doomer and who not" discussion is over?

Anyway, since you posted some times about "Perdition's Gate", from where did you get the full comercial version? Is it still on sale? I looked on ebay but could not find it.

Got it at a used book store. Wish I could show a picture of the case, but my web site's not up yet.

Guest PFCGray
Vorpal said:

You have several wads up there I've never heard of. So I guess this means I've never played Doom.

Dude, I was just playin around! I just happened across these WADs. Most of 'em are found at the Doom WAD Station (sorry to be a traitor again) or at
http://www.infotreks.com/doom95 or just go to the InfoTreks homepage and follow the link to the Doom95 page (yeah sorry, they only work for Doom95).

The only one of those I've ever played was Aloha 999...all I remember was a lot of imps...I mean A LOT. Was that also the one with the level where you have to get past about 10 cyberdemons?
My personal favorite level is UAC_DEAD...that one was cool...they actually pulled of making a crashed truck, doors that swing open (if you look away for a second), and and invisible staircase. There was some bug with the cyberdemon boss, however, if I remember correctly.
Teres also a megawad I downloaded...pretty recent...the first episode was a mine, if I remember correctly. Can't for the life of me remember the name, but it was a good WAD.

Guest PFCGray

UAC_Dead was cool too. I liked the ship at the end of the level. And yes there is a bug with the cyberdemon near the end. Aloha 999 did have the level with about 10 cyberdemons but only as obstacles (they were confined in cages), and the whole game did have lots of imps.

danarchist said:

The only one of those I've ever played was Aloha 999...all I remember was a lot of imps...I mean A LOT. Was that also the one with the level where you have to get past about 10 cyberdemons?
My personal favorite level is UAC_DEAD...that one was cool...they actually pulled of making a crashed truck, doors that swing open (if you look away for a second), and and invisible staircase. There was some bug with the cyberdemon boss, however, if I remember correctly.
Teres also a megawad I downloaded...pretty recent...the first episode was a mine, if I remember correctly. Can't for the life of me remember the name, but it was a good WAD.

Oh yeah, you think ten cyberdemons is bad? Have you ever played the MASTER LEVELS FOR DOOM 2? The wad called teeth? There is this one room with one spiderdemon and I've never counted, but I'd say there's about one hundred cyberdemons! Pretty full on huh?