Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest s999cop

10sector.wad is Imcomplete, isn't ?

Guest s999cop

okay, maybe some of you all (y'all) disagree with this that 10sector is a very advanced wad for D2, you 'd see how nice is it if you put that in Jdoom. Anyway, have anyone noticed that 10sector's map08 freezie something whatever it's called, the walls , the doors all the textures are incomplete, could anyone tell me why would happen? is that the incomplete version that i downloaded during christmas, or the designer didn't even check and released it?

Guest giltygear

Ling, this may be a little late to say this but there seems to be somewhat of a VPO in MAP04. i crashed for me in vanilla Doom2. just figured i'd let you know

The text file that comes with the wad clearly states that it is for BOOM only. The latest release of ZDoom also runs it properly as well. Vanilla Doom2 and JDoom are two programs that are expressly known *NOT* to be compatible with the 10 Sectors wad. At all.

Bite your tongue!! I will get you for that remark.....

Heh.

=]

Guest Dream Destroyer
Lüt said:

Oooh, pullin a Ling I see!

SUPERCHUNK! GRRRRRRRRR.

Guest Dream Destroyer

Letters are funny.. words are too.
Banana..
who made up the word Banana? God damn people, you guys are weird.

Guest Cop999
Linguica said:

You can't play 10sector.wad in JDoom.

oh yes you can , ling, try to lauch it with the Dlaucher which is in the same jdoom folder with doom2.wad, i put that 10sector.wad into the jdoom folder and configure the path of the wad in the laucher and run it, most perfectly works except some levels having trouble running

OMG, I can't believe you actually said that. OK, nobody said you couldn't run it in JDOOM, you can run any wad in any source port, that's not the problem. The problem is not every wad works correctly in every source port. Boom has features which Jdoom does not, and when those features are used, Jdoom doesn't know what to do and screws up the level. Got it? There is nothing stopping you from loading the WAD up, but it won't work correctly. It's not a bug. Use Boom.

giltygear said:

Ling, this may be a little late to say this but there seems to be somewhat of a VPO in MAP04. i crashed for me in vanilla Doom2.

Sweet jezus, how many times do we have to spell this out for you guys... the 10sector wad REQUIRES BOOM OR COMPATIBLE. It will not run properly on vanilla Doom2. JDoom is not Boom-compatible, so 10sector.wad will not run properly on that port, too.

RTFM.

This was my only gripe with the 10 sectors wad (which IS an incredible wad) was that it was only BOOM compatible. Why the levels wern't made for just vanilla Doom i'll never know.... This way it would of been compatible with any port you use. The worse part is that most of the levels are just made for vanilla Doom. It's only 5 or 6 levels that won't run properly.

I made it so that my level contained pretty boom effects, but they aren't integral to the function of the level, and to the best of my knowledge it is playable in vanilla doom