Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

This may sound ironic...............

Guest PFCGray

Ok, you guys win. Since you all are too brainwashed to think for yourselves and let yourselves decide whats right and wrong in terms of personal taste and literary criticism, if the subject of the DOOM novels comes up again, I will NOT give any positive comments on them. I'll just keep my big trap shut. There, you happy now??????????

look,if new novels came out based on doom,great,if there like the ones before,bad.See,if they actually base it on Doom,they'll kick fucking ass.
And if they suck,well damn it to hell.
But i hope that the there will be"real demons" none of that "generic"alien bullshit.know what im saying?

Guest PFCGray

Exactly. That whole genetic alien thing took away the whole charisma of the game. Although I think in the first one there was some mention of them bein hellspawn and not aliens. Oh well, it doesnt matter. It also got overboard on talkin about the Mormon religion. WTF? Since when was there a Mormon in DOOM? The game is all about blowin away hell, not attacking it with the Bible and a cross! (Damn Christians, they won't accept the idea that their religion is false! They don't understand that we have a thing called "science" now! Of course, science gets disproven every day, but at least we know there's no such thing as a "god" , per se, makin all these things happen, right?)

well im a catholic,but im down with devil,espeacially icon of sin,baphomet.They should make new books,i dident like the flyn taggert garbage,what kind of name is that.
Or arlene sanders.
They also made the imps seem to wimpy,sure there not the deadlisest but still.
The novels were missing out on the hell knighs and arachtrons and icon of sin damnait!missing levels,and doom 2 the novel dident sound like doom2 the game!

nightmare imp said:

look,if new novels came out based on doom,great,if there like the ones before,bad.See,if they actually base it on Doom,they'll kick fucking ass.
And if they suck,well damn it to hell.
But i hope that the there will be"real demons" none of that "generic"alien bullshit.know what im saying?

"Real demons"? What do you mean? There is no way the monsters in Doom could be real demons. If they were, for one thing, they wouldn't have technology, which they do (Cyberdemon, Spiderdemon, Mancubus, Arachnatron) and they are from another dimension (You really think hell would be just some dimension that you can tune in to, like a radio station?) and it coincides with our dimension, which is completely ridiculous if you want to say that it's really Hell, because that suggests that Hell exists within the multiverse (the entire infinite number of parallel universes), and finally, THE DEMONS ARE KILLABLE!!! If they were really from Hell, they would be immortal supernatural beings with no real physical existance. There, I hope that proves that the demons are not really from hell.

Geekmarine: I think that was the point. ID wanted to make Hell just a parallel dimension, and maybe they made a gate thousands of years ago to Earth and failed an invasion. And that is why people believe in Hell and stuff.

Well, that's the way that I took their storyline.

OK. I guess I'm a minority then. I like the books.... ok the first 2. When they go into space and fight aliens and shit in the books 3 & 4, I lost intrest. But the first 2 are awesome, I have to admit, but not 3 and 4.

nightmare imp said:

well im a catholic,but im down with devil,espeacially icon of sin,baphomet.They should make new books,i dident like the flyn taggert garbage,what kind of name is that.
Or arlene sanders.
They also made the imps seem to wimpy,sure there not the deadlisest but still.
The novels were missing out on the hell knighs and arachtrons and icon of sin damnait!missing levels,and doom 2 the novel dident sound like doom2 the game!

I like the Doom 2 novel, there was some really good parts. Fighting a revenant in the back of the semi truck, going through the supermarket full of zombies, and the archvile blowing up the whole freakin' safehouse!

geekmarine said:

"Real demons"? What do you mean? There is no way the monsters in Doom could be real demons. If they were, for one thing, they wouldn't have technology, which they do (Cyberdemon, Spiderdemon, Mancubus, Arachnatron) and they are from another dimension (You really think hell would be just some dimension that you can tune in to, like a radio station?) and it coincides with our dimension, which is completely ridiculous if you want to say that it's really Hell, because that suggests that Hell exists within the multiverse (the entire infinite number of parallel universes), and finally, THE DEMONS ARE KILLABLE!!! If they were really from Hell, they would be immortal supernatural beings with no real physical existance. There, I hope that proves that the demons are not really from hell.

well you did bring up a good point,geek marine.But can anyone be really sure.Prehaps the cybernetic demons we like ordinary demons before and than they had stolen technologys from the human race,or mimicked them for some reasons.Can we be sure about that.
And the part of demons getting killed,well look at the different types of demons.

Evil spirits:posess people and invades there minds

living demons:the ones in doom,they are alive and immortal but they can die.they dont age but they can be killed.

Spiritual demosns:beliefs and garbage.

They are badly written. That's all there is to it. I liked some of the ideas and concepts, but the writing is horrible. That's all.