Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BattleCat

Doom 1 music ...

I'm aware that the guy who made the music from Doom 1 (and 2 ?) has a few cases of "stealage", meaning the bobby prince dude made some stuff that sounds like or exactly like bands (pantera for example). I just heard slayer's Behind The Crooked Doors and it turns out it's the same as one of the musics from episode 2. So i'm wondering, did this bobby person do anything original at all ?

You mean Behind the Crooked Cross = E3M3.

Pantera - Mouth for War = E3M1
Pantera - This Love = Doom2, map 20something, can't be bothered looking
Alice in Chains, Them Bones = Doom2 map23
Alice in Chains, Angry Chair = Doom2 map25 (i think)

oh....yeah well it's been some time since i played Doom so.... :)

I noticed you like Angel :) yay...or something (i do too)

yeah :) there's a reason Slayer is called "the kings of thrash(metal)" :) and Pantera...well, they're just cool. I've never heard Alice In Chains though so i can't say anything about that

Funny... when i first played doom1+2, i thought the music was original... then one day i was watching the Streetfighter II anime, and 'Them Bones' came on. I was like, "wtf???".

Jay (my wife) got into Pantera and Slayer some time ago... i was playing doom, and she was going, "that doesn't half sound like... etc", so we downloaded 'em and HEY PRESTO!

lol, heh. Happened almost same way with me. Way back when i listened to soft stuff (pantera, slayer etc. - i listen to brutal deathmetal now :), i heard some song and i was like "wtf ?" too cuz it sounded like doom. I wonder if anybody ever sued Id Software or the guy who made the music.....or whatever ?

i noticed this a long time ago! now at least i know i'm not crazy. i first heard Them Bones on the radio and was like wtf! that's doom2!

i knew map18 sounded a lot like This Love, but the other pantera song i didn't know about, i going to have to check it out

Doubtful. You'll probably find that id aproached Slayer, Pantera etc and asked if their music/riffs could be used.

The musical links are so obvious, the bands would have sued id by now. Besides, Pantera and Slayer are both big games fans. Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) is the same - i heard he was addicted to Doom... this kinda prompted him to get on the Quake and Doom III projects.

Spike said:

Alice in Chains, Angry Chair = Doom2 map25 (i think)

Yeah you're right [Bloodfalls]. I only just realised that this year...

E1M1 - Slayer: Behind the crooked cross (near the end)
E1M4 - Pantera: Rise
E2M1 - AC/DC: Big Gun
E3M1 - Pantera: Mouth of war
E3M3 - Slayer: Behind the crooked cross (the beginning)

MAP04 - John Travolta: Greased Lightning
MAP07 - Slayer: South of heaven
MAP10 - Black Sabbath: After all (the dead)
MAP18 - Pantera: This love
MAP23 - AIC: Them bones
MAP25 - AIC: Angry chair

These are cover songs. None of these songs are exact ripoffs. heh I personaly think bobby's versions are better than the originals.

How in the depths of my arse did you get 'Greased Lightning' from map04???

EvisceratoR said:

O_o, thou hast smitten Slayer's good name...DIE !......or something...slayer er lidt for fede jo ;)

hehe. Endnu en dansker? Vi er jo ligefrem i overtal =)

Heh, nah, vi har faktisk snakket før :) jeg hed Viperboy førhen....hmm, gad vide om de der amerikaner/canadier makkere her på forummet bliver irriterede over vi snakker dansk ?

EvisceratoR said:

Heh, nah, vi har faktisk snakket før :) jeg hed Viperboy førhen....hmm, gad vide om de der amerikaner/canadier makkere her på forummet bliver irriterede over vi snakker dansk ?

heh. Det ved jeg ikke. De blev temmeligt sure da esco snakkede ghetto sprog, så vi må nok hellere stoppe.

Shaviro said:

E2M1 - AC/DC: Big Gun

SWEET! My favourite DooM song was ripped from one of my favourite bands!

bigbadgangsta said:

Does it get any better? :)

Shaviro said:

heh. Det ved jeg ikke. De blev temmeligt sure da esco snakkede ghetto sprog, så vi må nok hellere stoppe.

Det er også rimeligt klamt at høre/læse på det der ghettosprog så det kan forstås. Men det her fatter de jo ikke en dyt af....forstår dog ikke at de ikke har reageret endnu :) men det er da meget sjovt.......seføli ik sådan "haha" sjovt ,...men, du ved :)

EvisceratoR said:

Det er også rimeligt klamt at høre/læse på det der ghettosprog så det kan forstås. Men det her fatter de jo ikke en dyt af....forstår dog ikke at de ikke har reageret endnu :) men det er da meget sjovt.......seføli ik sådan "haha" sjovt ,...men, du ved :)

Ja. heh. Svenskerne forstår det sikkert godt, hvis de nu ikke er fulde, 'seføli'.

Shaviro said:

Ja. heh. Svenskerne forstår det sikkert godt, hvis de nu ikke er fulde, 'seføli'.

hmm, der er ham frederiktingen og hvem ellers ?

*** Ichor hands bigbadgangsta an old Babel Fish (slightly used) he got at the nearest dollar store.

SLAYER RULES !!!
(That's useless to say that but I don't care ;-))

Heh, this topic seems to come up something like once a month these days. Everything's probably already been covered, but do a forum search and you may find some more info.

bigbadgangsta said:

Acca Dacca rule the fucking world!

AND THEY ARE AUSSIE AS WELL OH MY FUCKING GOD

ac/dc are ok. I just wish they'd get a new drummer, the one they have sux. I mean, i bought their newest album a long time ago. I decided to concentrate on listening to the drummer. On 1 whole cd he does like, 2 fillins. I've played drums for a week and a half and i'm better than him