Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crym01

Multiplayer Cheats???

Guest Crym01

Today my friend told me, that in there are Multiplayer cheats in Doom. I didnt believe it ...

he said that they are not the same as when you play single player, but they do exist. but he didnt know the cheats ...

So do they exist or not??

I am 99% sure they don't. I for example Dehacked it's possible to change the text to be written to activate the cheats everybody knows (iddqd,idbehold etc.) and that's it. You can't define any other cheats. So I think your friend was just trying to sound like he knows alot about Doom ... apparently he doesn't

Guest fraggle`

there was a bug in one version that let you do iddt, but the underlying netgame code structure makes any kind of significant cheating (iddqd, idkfa etc or anything which modifies the actual gameplay) impossible.

There are a number of cheats for doom2 multiplayer. www.doom2.net is down right now for hardware maintenance, but when I bring it back up, I will be adding a section discussing multiplayer cheating.

There is one big loophole. It has to do with the ability to run a level that is not the same as your opponents. The only way to solve it is to modify the engine.

No I won't say what to do, since cheating in games is one of my pet peeves - it sucks.

ViperBoy said:

I am 99% sure they don't. I for example Dehacked it's possible to change the text to be written to activate the cheats everybody knows (iddqd,idbehold etc.) and that's it. You can't define any other cheats. So I think your friend was just trying to sound like he knows alot about Doom ... apparently he doesn't

There aren't multiplayer *codes* viperboy, but there are cheats.

IDDT is only possible in v1.666, v1.9 it was fixed so in m/player you couldnt do the iddt 3 times cheat
One m/player cheat that works in direct dial is -player2 command but assume it is obsolete in internet play
There are a few add on wads to cheat with , the light3.wad to raise light level to max, theres a color.wad that you can set opponent to wearing bright white to make it easier to see him on darker levels, target1.wad set a huge rifle sight on your screen that changed colour when he was in your sights and also when he had aim on you I think
Then there is the mythical? mouse aimer, never seen the prog but did once have an lmp of someone using it
The thing with cheats is, even if you win, you have not won so whats the point?

Guest fraggle`

the -player command line parameter was part of sersetup, and not the actual exe. it will not work on other drivers.

Vorpal said:

There aren't multiplayer *codes* viperboy, but there are cheats.

You mean the kind where you can stand a 2nd player on a rising floor to keep it from rising so the other players can come by and skip a section of the level, or something else? As far as I know there's no such thing as typed codes in multiplayer, barring source ports and hacks.