Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

My last level (Stphrz & Lüt -> attack)

Bah. I'm certain that this will be the last deathmatch specific level I make for Doom.

http://www.deadnail.f2s.com/games/

Note that F2S are a buncha zip Nazis... so the files are in RAR format instead. They now work if anyone else wanted to try them out but couldn't. The last map of mine is also up.

They may not be much to look at but at least they're fun to play. All of my maps have 8 deathmatch starts so if you want to go bot-crazy feel free.

*drop kicks deadnail in the head again*

Hiya! :)

.rar?

.rar?

Why not .wad? I have cable, so does Lüt. Why should we care if the file is compressed :P Sheesh. I don't have an rar archive program dood. Can't download it 'cause the site is down atm.

WHO THE FUCK USES RAR ANYWAY, MORON?!!!!

Heh.

You did say "attack." =]

*Hurricane kicks phoenix in da beak*

HAH, ressurect from dat...

*Phoenix fries esco's balls off!!*

OUCH, I gots ta pass out now... later. THUD(Sound of something hitting da pavement, hard)!

P.S. winrar sucks!

stphrz said:

.rar?

.rar?

Why not .wad? I have cable, so does Lüt. Why should we care if the file is compressed :P Sheesh. I don't have an rar archive program dood. Can't download it 'cause the site is down atm.

Heh.

You did say "attack." =]

Get PowerArchiver, it looks almost exactly like WinZip and works like it too, and can unzip many types of compressed files (including .rar). And it's freeware.

http://www.powerarchiver.com/

stphrz said:

.rar?

.rar?

Heh.

You did say "attack." =]

Who the fuck uses RAR?

1) I don't have unlimited webspace, fuckhead.
2) F2S autodeletes zip files, pokeass.
3) Anyone with a fucking brain knows rar is better than zip.

But since you've decided to be such a cunt about it I went ahead and changed them to cabs instead. Still better than zip and at least you should have support for this format.

It would be nice if F2S would just let me upload zip files to please all the lazy fuckers such as yourself, though.

Eh... ok. I'll have to look into this RAR stuff, never used it before and I don't know anything that opens them (I'm not much of a file compression nut, I still use PKZIP 2.04G unless there's long filenames). I missed out on the last levels you put up too because they got lost in the ZIP-Nazi holocaust. I'll spend this Saturday playing my giant backlog of Doom maps I've forgotten about.

Bah, thanks to Stphrz's incessant whining I've changed the format to cab. If you're using a Win9X you should have native support for this format, and the files themselves are still smaller than zip anyway.

You oughta try WinRAR sometime... you might like it.

esco said:

*Hurricane kicks phoenix in da beak*

HAH, ressurect from dat...

*Phoenix fries esco's balls off!!*

OUCH, I gots ta pass out now... later. THUD(Sound of something hitting da pavement, hard)!

P.S. winrar sucks!

Phoenix?? I took the name from Phoenix Arizona. Got no beak, no hurricanes in Arizona. Picture is the American Eagle. Phoenix AZ gets very hot, thus the fire, doubt you can take the heat.

If you don’t like WinRar, tough shit. It outperforms anything on the market!

deadnail said:

Who the fuck uses RAR?

1) I don't have unlimited webspace, fuckhead.
2) F2S autodeletes zip files, pokeass.
3) Anyone with a fucking brain knows rar is better than zip.

But since you've decided to be such a cunt about it I went ahead and changed them to cabs instead. Still better than zip and at least you should have support for this format.

It would be nice if F2S would just let me upload zip files to please all the lazy fuckers such as yourself, though.

That's ok. I still love you :)

Whew. Just finished getting my ass kicked with Doombot :) Pretty good level there deadnail. Really. Lot's of space to move around, good variety, plenty of cover. Quite a fun level. Plays well one on one, or with a crowd. Turns into a crazy frag fest with 4 or more players. Hope you'll make some single player levels if you are done with dm maps. This one is quite an improvement over your first two levels. Keep going like this and you'll end up being quite a good level designer, I think. You actually surprised me with the architecture you put into this one. Texturing and detail are still the weakest points, but that will continue to improve with each level you build.

A couple of tips:

It's usually best not to put stuff in secrets in dm maps imho. I like to have everything visible. That doesn't mean everything is easy to get mind you, just out where it can be clearly seen.

Regarding texturing: Try using a transitional texture between areas. For example, support2 or metal would be a good transitional texture to use between the grey or marble textures and the rock texture you used for the central play area. This also has the added benefit of making the map appear more detailed.

Espi said:

Get PowerArchiver, it looks almost exactly like WinZip and works like it too, and can unzip many types of compressed files (including .rar). And it's freeware.

http://www.powerarchiver.com/

Thanks. I did just that. It works well too. Now I'm ready for when deadnail makes another map and releases it in some funky compression format =).

Phoenix said:

Phoenix?? I took the name from Phoenix Arizona. Got no beak, no hurricanes in Arizona. Picture is the American Eagle. Phoenix AZ gets very hot, thus the fire, doubt you can take the heat.

If you don’t like WinRar, tough shit. It outperforms anything on the market!

Umm.. two things yo...
1) I said Hurricane KICK, as in akuma style, ain't ya ever played any of the 100 street fighter games out there?!
2) I WAS JOKING, IT WAS A JOKE, KID! YOU KNOW HUMOR!!! Ya flamin' parakeet! :P

P.S. and yo icon looks like you were trying to draw a phoenix (the icon is mad tight by da way!), and if it ain't supposed ta be a phoenix, what's wit yo live forever slogan?

Hey esco
1. No, never played street fighter games.
2. I got a hard time understanding your posts. – The joke part is clear now, the rest well ... I am a poor german kiddy, never been to real English classes, so just hang in there.

Wanna live forever – That is my religion, not sure if I ever will live forever but I’ll give it my best shot.