Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

I'll think I'll make an anti-Goldeneye page

Everyone I talk to likes this frikken terrible game, and can't give me a good reason why. That's why I think I'll make an anti-Goldeneye page which will state the cold hard facts about its pros (there are a few) and cons, each one proving that some game that came out years prior to this peice of crap is better in every way. Not to mention at the time, Duke Nukem 64 was out, which beat Goldeneye in every way, especially multiplayer. I can understand how some N64 people liked it, since they don't own computers and don't know better. Rare had a perfect track record before that shit. That was the first of crappy games released for that system. What I can't figure out is why do pc gamers, who have played much more advanced and fun games on the pc, like Goldeneye! PC games are much faster, smarter, have more variety, etc. Not to mention, they actually have gravity! Yes, you can fall into holes, and jump off balconies! Please someone support me on this, or is the entire world insane?

You're talking about the N64 one right? I saw that at my friend's place. It was horrible beyond belief.

In fact, every N64 game was that bad. I can't believe they put Zelda to the same generic 3D engine every other game of today uses. It used to rule, now it's just another game in the pile of N64 games which are all basically the same thing.

Nintendo used to rule too. But then they made N64 which sucks ass. And that joystick is only good for one thing......just can't figure out what. Maybe for hitting some old lady in the head when you throw the joystick out of the window. Anyways the N64 is the worst console ever, and I'd rather have a SNES than a N64

Lüt said:

You're talking about the N64 one right? I saw that at my friend's place. It was horrible beyond belief.

In fact, every N64 game was that bad. I can't believe they put Zelda to the same generic 3D engine every other game of today uses. It used to rule, now it's just another game in the pile of N64 games which are all basically the same thing.

Hey, Zelda was good. Now Goldeneye.... Well it was fun until you beat the thing in about a day. Then I went on the 'net and found out that nintendo left so many things in it like strange keycards and brief cases, even another level they eventually to out. It really could have been better!

you can have a game with plenty of stages and stuff, but it doesn't matter if the gameplay and balance isn't there, and that's something Goldeneye does NOT have.

Lazer said:

Hey, Zelda was good. Now Goldeneye.... Well it was fun until you beat the thing in about a day. Then I went on the 'net and found out that nintendo left so many things in it like strange keycards and brief cases, even another level they eventually to out. It really could have been better!

Yeah, Zelda was ok. One thing I liked about it was the temples that had ambient music in the background.
(Sound familiar elbryan?)
Just that some of the temples were a little frustrating to get passed, especially the water temple. I even timed myself on how long I could get passed it from beginning to end. It took me 3 hours non-stop playing. Again, the temple music was one of the only things I liked about it.

Now, I must stop before I begin to flood a Doom thread with Zelda stuff.

i downloaded the zelda 64 soundtrack. i think all of the songs are on it though. i love zelda 64, it's one of the best n64 games, i would play the second one, but i think it's evil that you NEED the expansion pack just to play it. that's an evil thing that i thought only sega would stoop so low to do...

Guest Cacodemon Leade
elbryan42 said:

Everyone I talk to likes this frikken terrible game, and can't give me a good reason why. That's why I think I'll make an anti-Goldeneye page which will state the cold hard facts about its pros (there

Heh, Goldeneye doesn't look as good as TWINE. TWINE looks better and the guns bob just like in DOOM!

P.S. TWINE is short for The World Is Not Enough.

elbryan42 said:

i downloaded the zelda 64 soundtrack. i think all of the songs are on it though. i love zelda 64, it's one of the best n64 games, i would play the second one, but i think it's evil that you NEED the expansion pack just to play it. that's an evil thing that i thought only sega would stoop so low to do...

Since you downloaded the soundtrack, which temple music is your favorite?
The one for the forest temple is creepy. I can easily get it stuck in my head during rainy nights if I want for some reason. Weird.
The one for the water temple is also creepy. The shadow temple one is ok, but a little corny. The spirit temple one is the same way, but there's just something about it that doesn't beat the rest. It's not ambient.

I never played Majora's Mask, but my brother has. I watched him sometimes. He got all the way to the canyon. But to me, I would rather be playing Ocarina of Time.

Where did you get the soundtrack anyway?

Lüt said:

nintendo's crap grafix(TM)

People promote goldeneye cuz it has "mission objectives" and is not "just shooting" like doom "is". However, while doing these mission objectives, there are just as many enemies as in doom. When james bond infiltrates a base, he usually doesn't get into a gunfight with hundreds of soldiers. Goldeneye should be more like thief or thief2.

elbryan42 said:

you can have a game with plenty of stages and stuff, but it doesn't matter if the gameplay and balance isn't there, and that's something Goldeneye does NOT have.

I beat Majora's Mask (with all masks, weapons, etc...) in about a week.

Zeratul 982 said:

Since you downloaded the soundtrack, which temple music is your favorite?
The one for the forest temple is creepy. I can easily get it stuck in my head during rainy nights if I want for some reason. Weird.
The one for the water temple is also creepy. The shadow temple one is ok, but a little corny. The spirit temple one is the same way, but there's just something about it that doesn't beat the rest. It's not ambient.

I never played Majora's Mask, but my brother has. I watched him sometimes. He got all the way to the canyon. But to me, I would rather be playing Ocarina of Time.

Where did you get the soundtrack anyway?

forest temple is my fave, but you musn't forget the song they play in the deku tree dungeon. one of my faves. and it's not on the soundtrack!

Actually, the games rule, but the console sucks. You basically can't play N64 because of the dizzy, low-performance graphics, but the games rules in terms of design. Goldeneye multiplayer with four people is practically impossible since you can't see what's going on on your small part of the screen.

I like it because its a game you can get into pretty easily and is great played with friends who may not be into the whole computer thing, let alone doom.