Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Favorite hellspawn

Alright, I have to ask.

What is everyone's favorite monster in doom, and why?

Mine is the fat bastard himself, the mancubus.
It is a good distraction monster, i think.
for distracting the player if used right, and distracting the other monsters if used wrong, though.

Guest PFCRon

I'd have to say the cyberdemon, cuz I like bigger, tougher enemies. However, the cyberdemon is about an equivelant to a zombie compared to the 4 Horsmen and Eidolon in HEXEN 2. But, this is a DOOM forum, and not a HEXEN 2 forum, so I might as well say the cyberdemon is the best.

Eidolon was insane. The first two horsemen weren't bad but the third and fourth were near impossible. I don't remember if I beat them without cheats or not. Took a few days for the third one if I remember correctly. I don't think I've beaten Eidolon without codes. I can't remember.

Absolutely, positively sure : the Demon. That thing, despite being as pink as barbie's playhouse reflecting the light of a particularly pink sunset, just scared me to death the first time I saw it.

Guest wee-man

hafta agree with Lord Flathead, the Demons scared the fuggles outta me...its just they come up realy close and thier like....Im gonna EAT ya! hehe

Lüt said:

Eidolon was insane. The first two horsemen weren't bad but the third and fourth were near impossible. I don't remember if I beat them without cheats or not. Took a few days for the third one if I remember correctly. I don't think I've beaten Eidolon without codes. I can't remember.

Hmm... I don't really have a favorite. I just kill them.

Probably the Cacodemon...I remember laughing the first couple of times I saw them go down. Plus, I've always liked blue/red color combinations. Dunno why.

macubus is my fave! awesome sounds (both on pc and the psx!) and awesome animations. Just fun playing dead simple with 7 of them walking around! fun fun...

Uhmmm.... Pigdemon, for sure. I guess it's just the way they come running at you. That scares me... Really.
Runner up : Baron of Hell. Because of it's looks...

Guest Aradiel

The Imp! They have the best sound effects, and are extremely bloody when they die (blood flows from their mouth/noses and stomachs).

Its gotta be the imp,they attack possibly in the largest numbers,and take severals bullets to die,you better find a better wepon that that pistol,if your gonna face more than one of those S.O.B'S

They will burn your ass off from a distance and will slice the holy fuck out of you if you get to close!
Besides,I am an imp.

Guest prets
Lazer said:

Hmm... I don't really have a favorite. I just kill them.

the cyberdemon is, imo, sorta ridiculous.
the mancubus is a fat bastard
pain elementals suck
the BIG spiderdaemon is nice
the lost soul skull things are nice
the daemon is cool
Cacos are cool
the baron of hell and hellknight are AWESOME (and awe-inspiring)
the imp ROCKS
but the coolest is by far the archvile

Guest Czacza
Lüt said:

Well now, Eidolon and the rest of this circus weren't so difficult after all. Killing Eidolon sure wasn't easy, but was possible without cheating (i tried smth about 3 times)... for me :)

prets said:

pain elementals suck
the daemon is cool
Cacos are cool
the imp ROCKS

The archvile is too cheap. So is the revenant for that matter.
The Baron of Hell is my favorite. Especially it's war cry from the PSX Doom games.
Besides the cyberdemon, put me in a room with a couple of Barons. I'll blast them away.

prets said:

pain elementals suck
the daemon is cool
Cacos are cool
the imp ROCKS

DEFINITELY the Arch-Vile. He's got one of the coolest noises in the game when you piss him off, and simply the best death noise there! That and the bastards are hard to make a good hit on, they run damn fast, and are the biggest problem if left while you deal with other things. (Which smart people don't do!)
Him and the Cyberdemon are the only things in the game that can send me into a wild panic in very short order! VERY fun to fight!

Guest Cacodemon Leade
elbryan42 said:

macubus is my fave! awesome sounds (both on pc and the psx!) and awesome animations. Just fun playing dead simple with 7 of them walking around! fun fun...

My Favorite Hellspawn is the Cacodemon from all DOOM Platforms! Runners up is the Cyberdemon from DOOM 64.

Guest Cacodemon Leade
Lüt said:

Eidolon was insane. The first two horsemen weren't bad but the third and fourth were near impossible.

Pestilence wasn't bad cause I constantly used a tome of power and saved all the Mystic Urns I could carry, and oh, I had Icons of Defenders. The trick for War is to use the Boots of Speed and Hammer on him with your Tome of Power powered weapon of choice. Of course, the Discs of Repulsions will repel the swinging axes.

Guest deathwarrior

and in two weeks, someone will ask that EXACT question.

Revenant, probably.
Cuz they aren't always using guns like wussy demons. If you get claustrophobic with'em, then the BITCH-SLAP YOUR ASS!

Or the mancubus cuz they look like my school principal:)

Cacodemons: They float in the air, belch ball-lightning, and boasts one Hell of a big mouth. You're toast if you get too close to these monstrosities. The first time I played DOOM I walked around a corner and I heard a HIIISSSSS which made me PIIISSSSS my pants!

Barons of Hell: The Hell Knight was bad news, but this is Big Daddy. These bruisers are a lot like Hell Knights, but look a little different and are twice as tough to kill.

The Spider Mastermind: You guess the Arachnotrons had to come from somewhere. Hi, mom. She doesn't have a plasma gun, so thank heaven for small favors. Instead, she has a super-chaingun. Crap.

The Cyberdemon: A missile-launching skyscraper with goat legs. 'Nuff said.

Now I can rest...

Zeratul 982 said:

The archvile is too cheap. So is the revenant for that matter.
The Baron of Hell is my favorite. Especially it's war cry from the PSX Doom games.
Besides the cyberdemon, put me in a room with a couple of Barons. I'll blast them away.

You suck! You go for easy! Barons of Hell and Hell Knights are like bees to the cyberdemon! You don't want it to be easy! Fuck the Barons and give me a challenge!! The cyberdemon is one tricky customer, I panic every time I see one but I get him in the end. :)

Barons and Hell Knights are still cool though... ;)

Cyberdemon Lord said:

I panic every time I see one but I get him in the end. :)

Play Doom 64 or the level Go2it in Final Doom and fight many at a time! I GUARANTEE you'll panic like all hell then!!!

For some unfathomable reason as of yet unexplained, I really like the BullDog-Demon. I guess it's cause he's the very essence of Hell itself-he's big, tough, and has really evil, yellow eyes. The Knight/Baron of Hell would come in a close second.

Guest Cacodemon Leade
Cyberdemon Lord said:

Cacodemons: They float in the air, belch ball-lightning, and boasts one Hell of a big mouth. You're toast if you get too close to these monstrosities. The first time I played DOOM I walked around a corner and I heard a HIIISSSSS which made me PIIISSSSS my pants!

Barons of Hell: The Hell Knight was bad news, but this is Big Daddy. These bruisers are a lot like Hell Knights, but look a little different and are twice as tough to kill.

The Spider Mastermind: You guess the Arachnotrons had to come from somewhere. Hi, mom. She doesn't have a plasma gun, so thank heaven for small favors. Instead, she has a super-chaingun. Crap.

The Cyberdemon: A missile-launching skyscraper with goat legs. 'Nuff said.

Now I can rest...

Cacodemons: They float in the air, belch ball lightning, and have one horrendiously big mouth. If you get close to one of those monstrositys, you're toast.

Barons of Hell: You thought Hell Knights were bad? These guys make em look like choir boys. You better have a good supply of health and ammo before taking on this demon.

The Cyberdemon: Half Machine, Half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm that will definately reach out and touch you. You better be loaded for bare before taking on this guy.

prets said:

pain elementals suck

Yes but you must understand that us evil mapmakers love using this guy just to piss you off.

Lost Soul said:

Play Doom 64 or the level Go2it in Final Doom and fight many at a time! I GUARANTEE you'll panic like all hell then!!!

and is it just me or are the Cyberdemons taller in Doom64. There was that foggy secret level where they chased you all over the place. the way they rendered the Mancubus in 64 kinda sucked though.