Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lengis

N64 Emulators that will work with Doom64 rom

Ne one know where I can find a emulator that will work with a Doom64 rom? It's file name is, Doom.v64

Please help me!

Lengis :

I have found something who must run those .v64
but i can't play doom.v64 too !

i'm always searching

*Sigh*

First of all, NO EMULATORS RUN DOOM64 WELL! The only one that didn't screw up with me was UltraHLE with some really old drivers. Nemu also worked fairly well, but I still get graphical glitches. Your best bet (if you have a voodoo card) is UltraHLE or one of the hacks of it like SupraHLE. If you don't have a voodoo card, try using a glide wrapper on UltraHLE. If THAT doesn't work, just slowly test out every emulator you can find. Let me know which ones work well.

Second, a v64 file should work with just about any N64 emulator. I can't be bothered to track down my N64 documents to check, but I think that a v64 rom is stored in byte-swapped format. You could try using a program to convert it to a different filetype if you really wanted to, but I don't think that would help.

ultra hle works great for me. however, you can't remap the buttons, and since it never changed for a while, they STILL have the same glitch where c-left is seen as left! gay i say (hey that rhymes).

I got best result with UltraHLE when I was ripping sprites for the DooM64 conversion. Nemu is good, but it didnĀ“t work on my system.

I use an older version of UltraHLE with a newer INI file (1,27 I think). I patched UltraHLE with the "fix voodoo3 problem"-patch. And finaly I downloaded a "remapkeys"-hack and remapped the keys.
It works fine with both the "doom64.v64" and "doom64.rom".

elbryan42 said:

ultra hle works great for me. however, you can't remap the buttons, and since it never changed for a while, they STILL have the same glitch where c-left is seen as left! gay i say (hey that rhymes).

Can ya pleeze gimme a website for UltraHLE, so I can download it. Also where can I find a Glide wrapper? I gota GeForce 2 GTS

www.vg-network.com (used to be Dave's Classics). The best version of Ultra HLE is Supra HLE. ALL of the emulators out there are on that site. The glide wrapper is on there too.
I have a Geforce2 MX and the wrapper works fine with mine.

elbryan42 said:

There's a utility called UltraHLP that allows you to remap the buttons. You should be able to find it at just about any emulation site.