Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Stone demo updated

I just uploaded an updated version of my wad demo to my upload folder and will soon be in ftp://doom:doom@24.72.20.212/wads/ in the folder "Zeratul 982."

The updated version now has deathmatch capability for maps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10.
Note that maps 4, 5, and 7 have no exits due to the special tags it requires for the exit to be revealed (666, 667, etc.). The deathmatch part of map06 is also incomplete. It has no exit, no texture for the doors (all you'll get is the dreaded HOM effect), and no weapons, except for the BFG in the nukage area.

I haven't tested it yet, so there may be some glitches. If there are any besides the ones in map06, I'll notice them and fix them the next time I work on it some more.
Feel free to download and test it out.

Aww... No map 16 update? Well anyway I think it is good but it could use some more technical tricks to keep things interesting. Once I get my next update to Underworld you should see some of the tricks I use (Map 09 is like a dream!). If you have any questions how I've done any tricks ask me since I've pretty much learned them all and put them in a wad I named "design". Now I'm working on graphics (such as pretty portals) and more things to make it look good. Speaking of looking good it is always good to go back and add little things such as beams and other things like that. Thay always make levels look better and more realistic. Also I plan on making one wad call "mastertricks" or something like that with a series of levels each with their own simple trick and an exit (also some other little things). Then in the text file I can link to my website which will explain the tricks. Sorry I'm mumbling on but it is good to discuss things like this and maybe we can get some help working on our projects. Remember if you have any questions about tricks you can either go to the tuturials section of this site or email me (go to my website for the address).

Oh yeah I forgot. There also is an update to map16, but it's still incomplete.
Plus, map04 - "Tainted Grounds" is NOT set up for deathmatch. I just found that out when I was playing a Skulltag botmatch with it just now.

Hey so what's the final name???

You didn't use one of mine, did you?

Sounds good.

I really wasn't expecting you to use any of mine anyways ;)