Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M0NSTERZER0

DOOM is SATANIC!

Guest M0NSTERZER0

you know, my parents were always sayin, 'you need to stop playing
DooM! It's Satanic!'

but if its 'Satanic' then why are you KILLING THE DEMONS?

youre the good guy eradicating legions of demons..

technically that wouldnt be satanic.

if you were a demon killing marines it would be satanic..

-Zero

Yeah! A Tom Hall game!! Speaking of Tom Hall games, Anachronox looks cool!!

Why not check out PlanetAnachronox at www.planetanachronox.com?

And check out the forums!!

MEWSE

Guest Nuno Correia
Peter Heinemann said:

Just show your parents "Rise of the Triad", in that game you have to kill priests - very enjoyable :-D

But they are EEVVIILL priests *mad laugh*, so that doesn't make you bad or something. And you do get to kill mafia bosses, which ruled.

Heh, the only game my dad would play against me on our network was ROTT (opposed to Doom) because you just shooted at people, not monsters...

Guest Nuno Correia
mewse said:

MEWSE

YOU OUGHT TO DO WHAT MEWSE (all hail) TOLD YOU TO!

Guest PFCRon

How is it Satanic? What I don't like are people sayin that every kind of violence is wrong, which it isn't. And even if it was Satanic, who's to stop it? It's the US of A right? Ain't the first amendment freedom of goddamn religion? (No pun intended.) Damn, I hate Christians. No offense to anybody in here.

Ummm although im a Christian I would have to agree with you, most Christians are too fucking hardcore! Like I wore my Static-X shirt to school and like 4 kids called it satanic and told, thats gay as hell. (Static-X is a metal band and the shirt has a dark face on it) I find nothing wrong with computer game violence!! I use it to vent my anger so I DONT go shoot people!! God some people are retards!!!!

Guest erick20
Nuno Correia said:

But they are EEVVIILL priests *mad laugh*, so that doesn't make you bad or something. And you do get to kill mafia bosses, which ruled.

Heh, the only game my dad would play against me on our network was ROTT (opposed to Doom) because you just shooted at people, not monsters...

evil priests? wtf are you talking about?? THEY'RE ALL EVIL.

of course it's a satanic game and it rocks!
every game should have there flavour.

ex:

Duke has action,humour and good gameplay,etc.

Sides,whats wrong with satanism?its cool,although im catholic,im still down with the devil!

fodders said:

God will get you for that

Doom IS Satanic... you go to hell in this game. I think what you guys meant to say was that Doom doesn't encourage Satanism.

Guest Nuno Correia
erick20 said:

evil priests? wtf are you talking about?? THEY'RE ALL EVIL.

Kill them all then :)

i think the reasons why it's satanic are:

1) it makes the game frikken creepy.
2) the shock factor. doom has satanic stuff, duke has scantilly clad women, etc.

after the shock wore off though, people began to find out that there's a damn awesome game under there. when i play it i don't see the satanic images, i see great gameplay, replay value, and extreme fun. i think i speak for every doomer when i say this.

Gorefest said:

Ummm although im a Christian I would have to agree with you, most Christians are too fucking hardcore! Like I wore my Static-X shirt to school and like 4 kids called it satanic and told, thats gay as hell. (Static-X is a metal band and the shirt has a dark face on it) I find nothing wrong with computer game violence!! I use it to vent my anger so I DONT go shoot people!! God some people are retards!!!!

I have that shirt. Static-X is great.

nightmare imp said:

of course it's a satanic game and it rocks!
every game should have there flavour.

ex:

Duke has action,humour and good gameplay,etc.

Sides,whats wrong with satanism?its cool,although im catholic,im still down with the devil!

Not sure where to post in this thread.
I am also a Christian, very much so, like, saving the world and all that.
However, Doom is a game. Doom is not satanic. It does not promote Devil worship. Period.

mewse said:

MEWSE

Yeah, I went there. I noticed something though. The site admin is using the same name as you. Ever notice that? I'd sue 'im. ;)

PFCRon said:

How is it Satanic? What I don't like are people sayin that every kind of violence is wrong, which it isn't. And even if it was Satanic, who's to stop it? It's the US of A right? Ain't the first amendment freedom of goddamn religion? (No pun intended.) Damn, I hate Christians. No offense to anybody in here.

I hate Christians that complain about this stuff because it makes ppl like me look bad (I am a Christian). This post is a prime example.