Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

I see the newbies have taken over

I haven't checked this forum in a long time because all the newbies scared me away.

I thought they'd get bored and go away, but no, it seems nearly all us old timers (i.e. those who've been here since before the new Doom was announced) have left.

Kinda sad really, one bad thing about the new Doom I suppose :(

I'm still kinda skulking about. Don't have much to say anymore though. Maybe that's a good thing :P

I wasn't here before the new doom game got announced. But i damn hell didn't sign up for the forums because of it. I have stopped posting anything since it would just get flooded by the useless posts.

Guest PFCRon
Stphrz said:

I'm still kinda skulking about. Don't have much to say anymore though. Maybe that's a good thing :P

I've run out of ideas. As if they were useful, anyway. Don't expect to see much of Hell's Spawn, cuz he never gets online as much as me. Yes, I know him personally. I just realized I went against my own promise for HIM not to tell anyone he knew ME! Oh well, nobody's perfect.

yes and doomveterans gets a very low post rate.

but we where all newbeis at some time. when i was cacoman i considered my self a newbie then i changed to a beter name "SaGa". and well im not a newbie anymore. i know way to much about doom to be a newbie.

maby ling or arioch could make a veterans forum. give it its own moderator. and make it so that people have to email the moderator that thay whant to be a registered user of the forum and if thay seem to be not newbie'ish thay can join

what is a newbie considerd here?

New to the forum?
New to the game?
New to the website

I for one dont see myself as a newbie to DOOM,six to seven years of playing,Im a DOOM veteran.
To the forum,maybe im a newbie,I dont think anyomre though.
I posted some interesting posts and some useless posts and had many arguments throughout my time here,like my most recent with ZARCYB,the best DOOMER to have to argue with.
But lateley,things been getting slow,whats happening here?Is new Doom slowly taking over our minds.But just watch,when DOOM 3(POSSIBLE NAME) comes out,there will be an explosion of posts and newbies.
I guess more to add to the flock.How i see newbies is that no one shouldent flame em,sure for a day or so but they love the same thing we do "DOOM!".Take one from first hand experience with DOOM,DOOM2,FINAL DOOM,DOOM 64,DOOM PSX,FINAL DOOM PSX,Custom levels and add ons,conversions and ports!

PFCRon said:

I've run out of ideas. As if they were useful, anyway. Don't expect to see much of Hell's Spawn, cuz he never gets online as much as me. Yes, I know him personally. I just realized I went against my own promise for HIM not to tell anyone he knew ME! Oh well, nobody's perfect.

It all depends. If you are talking about the game, I'm a Doom veteran.If your talking about the site, I guess I'm new. But I don't flood the place with useless topics. Most are techical questions for Underworld. (my project)

Hey, I don't have half as many posts as some of the guys over at NewDoom ;)

I'd have more except that I never post things just for the sake of posting things; then the count wouldn't be "true" :)

SaGa said:

yes and doomveterans gets a very low post rate.

but we where all newbeis at some time. when i was cacoman i considered my self a newbie then i changed to a beter name "SaGa". and well im not a newbie anymore. i know way to much about doom to be a newbie.

maby ling or arioch could make a veterans forum. give it its own moderator. and make it so that people have to email the moderator that thay whant to be a registered user of the forum and if thay seem to be not newbie'ish thay can join

And it makes me sick that it seems that now I have to hit the "USER?" button everytime before I start reading a post or making a reply. Only to look if he is worth my time.

My dates: Thu 11 May 2000 16:30

But *Hell* this is less than one year and the forums started not long before. So we are talking about one year - Doom is about 7 years old. I doubt that Ling will make a veterans forum, I think he hates that idea.

The "doomveterans" forum: Well, I must confess that I also registered on the next day after its announcement. But all I saw for weeks was only stuff like "test", "test" or "watch out for the newbies". And my time is to good for that.

Except some hardcore-lamers the new Doomers here seems to have good Doom knowledge (and they will grow as you and I did).

Shaviro said:

Every SaGa has a beginning.
Every SaGa has a first step.

;)

hay i should put that as my signiture.

Shaviro said:

I wasn't here before the new doom game got announced. But i damn hell didn't sign up for the forums because of it. I have stopped posting anything since it would just get flooded by the useless posts.

I sure didn't sign up for the forums because of Doom 3. I didn't even know there was going to be such a thing until after I signed up. I've been interested in Doom for a long while. Probably not as long as you, Peter, SaGa, Lüt, etc. but a while. It's just that I didn't get a computer until Christmas of '00. I've only been here a little over a month and I already have 170+ posts.
Now I'm probably going to get accused of whining, so I guess I'll stop before I accidently make things worse.

Yo, i've been checkin' out dis site since about 2 years ago, like I said before. I may have just started postin' a few months ago, but I sure as flip ain't no newbie! I've also been playin' doom since about 1995. So explain something to me, nightmare... WHAT DA FUCK MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL THAT YOU IS AN OLDIE, AND GIVES YOU DA RIGHT TO START HATIN' ON DA NEWER MEMBERS OF DA COMMUNITY!?

And I gots another question for ya... WHY DA FUCK DID YOU COME BACK, IF YOU IS ONLY GONNA POST UP STUPID SHIT? (like you say all those newbies do... boy is you full of it!) I didn't like ya before (remeber dat little flame war ya started wit me, BIATCH!), and I sure as hell don't like ya now!

If all you know how to do when you come back is start postin' dumb shit like dis, rather than sayin' HI or seein' how all yo peeps is doin', then do us all a favor... go back to yo hidin' place, aight... HOE!

P.S. if you took da time to look first, before bitchin', you would have noticed that just about all of those "old timer" that you say have left, have been around here posting regularly. Choke on dat for a while!!

esco said:

WHAT DA FUCK MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL THAT YOU IS AN OLDIE, AND GIVES YOU DA RIGHT TO START HATIN' ON DA NEWER MEMBERS OF DA COMMUNITY!?

If you're not a newbie, then why are you so offended by Nightmare's words?

esco said:

Oh dear. You really are an utter, utter wanker aren't you? Do us all a favour and actually READ posts before you reply to them in future. It makes life a lot easier you know.

First of all, perhaps you should learn what a newbie actually is. As anyone who ISN'T a newbie to ANY forum would know, the word newbie in forum posts can have various different meanings, although anyone with half a brain would figure out that when people use the word newbie, it doesn't refer to how long they've been playing the game, because how the fuck would that person KNOW how long the other person had been playing the game?

The word newbie on forums pretty much always means newbie to that forum, or maybe to the website, the entire community, or simply a state of mind (I'd say you act like a newbie a lot of the time, even if you aren't one, in that you don't seem to be able to show respect for the other regulars). To the forum is the most common one though.

I actually specifically said that when I said newbies here, I meant those who signed up since after the new Doom was announced, which includes you, but then again, you don't seem to be able to read very well, or perhaps you just ignore that bits that make your replies irrelevant and stupid.

By the way, could you give a quote of me saying that newbies only post shit? 'Caus I can't find an example of that happening anywhere. Or did perhaps your idiotic mind make that up? Yes, I think it did, didn't it?

And I'm not "hating on da newbies" (except perhaps you, who's obviously the worst of the bunch), I'm not even "hatin on da oldies" for leaving, I'm just expressing my sadness that a forum which is meant to be used for people to ask questions and then get answers, is now simply populated by people asking questions.

An example is the Doom movie post. The only replies are people saying that they've never heard of a Doom movie before. I mean, wtf? Only a year ago this post would have been lost amongst a sea of Doom movie posts.

The other problem with newbies is they post way too damned much (five posts in a row is typical for some newbies). It wouldn't be so bad on forum software that moves the latest posts to the top, and the bollocks, irrelevant newbie stuff gets left at the bottom of the page, but DW's forums are a POS in that regards, which basically means having serious, lengthy discussions is pretty difficult. Even if it does happen, retards such as yourself come along and post stupid crap in the middle of it all.

All in all, oldies are BETTER than newbies, which I'm afraid even you would find difficult to argue against. They most likely know more about the relevant subject, they respect other people on the forum (at least the ones they know), make sensible and relevant posts, and generally behave well.

I'm sure most people would also agree when there's more people who are new to the forum/website/community/game on a forum than there are people who've been around for a longer period of time, there's a problem.

Perhaps when you learn how to do the respect and behaviour parts, you will be accepted as an oldie. In the meantime, I'm afraid you're going to be treated like a newbie.

esco said:

By the way, if you hate me and my posts so much, then I suggest you stop being hypocrit and do what what you told me to do with you, and simply not answer my freaking posts. Yes, you can do it. Go on, just a little bit more effort. That's it...

Megalyth said:

You were a newbie at one time as were all of us. Stop being a hypocrite.

I was never a newbie in the way I acted, i.e. I've always treated those who deserve it with respect, I didn't ask retarded questions that have obviously been asked a million times before, and I've generally behaved well since first getting on-line almost five years ago.

I don't mind newbies, except the ones who are trouble like Esco (I think that's just down to hormones though, he'll get over it when he gets some sex), but when there are more newbies than oldies, there's a problem.

Shaviro said:

Exactly.

Stphrz said:

I have hacked your account details to make you a newbie poster, your total posts = 0 :)Looks like somethings gone awry there

fodders said:

I have hacked your account details to make you a newbie poster, your total posts = 0 :)Looks like somethings gone awry there

Oh that. It's because I deleted my account a while back. It got all screwed up somehow. The password let me modify my profile, but it wouldn't let me post(kept telling me I was entering the wrong password). I think it was a windows screw up. Prolly had two different passwords linked to the same account. Same thing happened to deadnail.

NiGHTMARE said:

By the way, if you hate me and my posts so much, then I suggest you stop being hypocrit and do what what you told me to do with you, and simply not answer my freaking posts. Yes, you can do it. Go on, just a little bit more effort. That's it...

Nick, just forget about him. He's just not worth it. Three letters and a puntuation mark is all the energy I can muster in reply to his foul mouthed rants. He's simply worn me out with idiocy. I won't suffer his foolishness any more.

esco said:

"Yo, i've been checkin' out dis site since about 2 years ago, like I said before. I may have just started postin' a few months ago, but I sure as flip ain't no newbie!"

Dammit,dont let these bastards take you over,you can post anything you want when you want,except illegal stuff.
All they do is throw words at you,like oh my god,kill me there to mean.When I first joined I posted up a post,and many people bitched,you dident you told me tah ignore these ass bandits and I did.This forum has the good and the bad.Them and there dumb "newbie" term,who cares this is a forum not an army where you gotta conform.Notice how the general forum says something like:

General Forum
Discuss anything and everything Doom-related

So if you have a queston about Doom or doom on yer mind this is the place to say,who cares if its been chatted before,just do it.There are no laws saying yah cant dammit.
I can betcha now once some of them ceartin turd tappers are gonna start saying something stupid about ah your an idiot cause yah cant spell right or you post to much.Screw them to hell and hope they die,whatever.

DUH!

You are a newbie. He is a newbie. You guys should listen to us instead of rambling about with 50 new posts a day. This forum has lost all that used to be good. Why do you think people bitched? Was it because you were a newbie? NO. It was because you made 5 topics in a row. Go ahead and ignore us "bastards".

I have nothing against new people as long as they don't act like totally mental cases.

hey mayonaise,put a sock in it,but did i post five topics in a row,no,two or three,not five,not ten or twelve.
I dident say everyone was a turd tapper,little gipper.you know that saying "in with the new and out with the old",sunshine.