Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

zdoom and legacy

ok i downloaded both for LINUX, but i did that in win98 and put the .tar.gz files on a cd and went to open them in linux but it said they were read only and would not let me extract. so how do i get zdoom and legacy for linux if i can not get online. i have put other things on a disk and it worked fine but for soe reason those 2 will not

Guest fraggle`

i suggest you learn how to use the linux console (command line). the console is where the true power of the system is and, in my opinion, the real advantage of linux over windows.

hmmm, i had sort of the same problem, but i solved mine a different way (trashed linux and went back to windows). Linux is cool and all, but it hates my p.133 class machine, plus i failed to compile source codes so i just said fuck it. I suggest reading up on the docs, there has to be a way to extract read only files, i know it exsists in windows

fraggle` said:

i suggest you learn how to use the linux console (command line). the console is where the true power of the system is and, in my opinion, the real advantage of linux over windows.

yea been pokeing around the command a bit, i did get it to work finally now i am working on quake

Guest fraggle`
skadoomer said:

hmmm, i had sort of the same problem, but i solved mine a different way (trashed linux and went back to windows). Linux is cool and all, but it hates my p.133 class machine, plus i failed to compile source codes so i just said fuck it. I suggest reading up on the docs, there has to be a way to extract read only files, i know it exsists in windows

yeah difficult stuff:

configure
make

and its done

Guest fraggle`
sephiroth said:

yea been pokeing around the command a bit, i did get it to work finally now i am working on quake

its good that you're willing to learn. it takes time to learn how to use the system properly, not because its hard but because it is a very different system to dos and windows. be patient and read the documentation (type man <command>) and you will come to realise just how much more powerful a system it is.

yea i know it is alot different than dos and windows, but it has not crashed yet and that is a good sign. when i was learning windows it was always crashing. i have learned how to run basic files with the command, that is good for my first day with it. now i am trying to get it to detect my new modem, not a win modem