Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darkwing

Doom Movie update

Guest Darkwing

Here's a few rumours for those who are awaiting news on the movie.
>Actor Tom Berringer may play the Marine.
>Tri-Star pictures have picked up licensing of Doom (confirmed)
>Producer- Dino Conte, Moe Lospinoso and Kris Forland
>Was first set for a 99 release but not even half the movie was made
>First three scripts rejected by I.D team (confirmed)

1)Who the hell is Tom Berringer, I thought Howie Long was going to play the marine (he would prolyl do well at it too).

2)Good, at least it's in production

3)Bad, producers i've never heard of, they did this for the dungeons&dragons movie - a movie that could ahve easily gotten 3 stars (or more, but i wouldn't push it) if it were made correclty, but it wasnt.

4)At least it's in production! (i'd rather have a shitty 1 star movie than no movie at all).

5)This is a good thing, because the Id team knows first had what doom is supposed to be like - they created it after all (like how an author knows the story better than any reader could possbily do). This might have destroyed some valuable errors that would have completly fucked the movie had they went through.

Guest Darkwing

I've never heard of Tom Berringer or those directors either, but this what I heard (note that confirmed means that it is definitely ture while non-confirmed is a rumour (it may be true but were not sure)) and the good thing is that it's underway

UPDATE:
>John Carmack has been selected to do something on the movie, not sure what though (confirmed)
>may have humour segments (hopefully not confirmed)

Guest PFCRon
Vorpal said:

Tom Berringer is one of the members of the squad on Platoon.

1. He also was in lots of movies including the first 2 Major League's, Sniper, Shoot to Kill, Last of the Dogmen, Someone to Watch Over Me, and tons of others. I think he would be perfect.

2. They BETTER not have rejected a script that was the novel tie-in! In my opinion, it's the only way to make a movie that makes sense for it! Who cares if it's not gonna be exactly like the game? It can't be all the way, otherwise there's no basis for a movie!!!!! It's just gonna be one guy killin a bunch of monsters! Gee, that's gonna be exciting for 2 hours. ::gaging:: All the movie company needs is id's permission to make it, otherwise the rest is up to them.

Oh, and Darkwing, did you get that info from a Playstation magazine? Because I knew over half the rumors you put up back in 1998. It's no "update" if you ask me.

Guest Darkwing

I just posted it because I saw a post mentioning the fact that there was actually going to be a movie and I thought (Hey, these guys are behind the times!) so I put in the most important info pieces off the top of my head. just filling in on what some may have missed out on, isn't that what this forums about?

PFCRon said:

1. He also was in lots of movies including the first 2 Major League's, Sniper, Shoot to Kill, Last of the Dogmen, Someone to Watch Over Me, and tons of others. I think he would be perfect.

2. They BETTER not have rejected a script that was the novel tie-in! In my opinion, it's the only way to make a movie that makes sense for it! Who cares if it's not gonna be exactly like the game? It can't be all the way, otherwise there's no basis for a movie!!!!! It's just gonna be one guy killin a bunch of monsters! Gee, that's gonna be exciting for 2 hours. ::gaging:: All the movie company needs is id's permission to make it, otherwise the rest is up to them.

Oh, and Darkwing, did you get that info from a Playstation magazine? Because I knew over half the rumors you put up back in 1998. It's no "update" if you ask me.

You know, people can actually write NEW scripts, they aren´t forced to use those shitty novels or the mindless gun-blazing. Besides, it must be aprobed by id, and they loathe the DooM Novels...

Guest Darkwing

I concur!

Guest Darkwing
Zaldron said:

You know, people can actually write NEW scripts, they aren´t forced to use those shitty novels or the mindless gun-blazing. Besides, it must be aprobed by id, and they loathe the DooM Novels...

I concur!

Guest PFCRon
Zaldron said:

those shitty novels ... they loathe the DooM Novels...

Gee, the least you could do is SPELL! It's "approve" not "approbe".

And who cares if they loathe them? I'm pretty sure the authors weren't planning to make a legendary classic!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game and all, but the novels in my opinion weren't too bad. Sure, it was doggerel galore, but they gave me something to read.

Guest kristus
sirgalahadwizar said:

1)Who the hell is Tom Berringer, I thought Howie Long was going to play the marine (he would prolyl do well at it too).

2)Good, at least it's in production

3)Bad, producers i've never heard of, they did this for the dungeons&dragons movie - a movie that could ahve easily gotten 3 stars (or more, but i wouldn't push it) if it were made correclty, but it wasnt.

4)At least it's in production! (i'd rather have a shitty 1 star movie than no movie at all).

5)This is a good thing, because the Id team knows first had what doom is supposed to be like - they created it after all (like how an author knows the story better than any reader could possbily do). This might have destroyed some valuable errors that would have completly fucked the movie had they went through.

Tom Berenger is that badass in the Platoon who get's killed by Charlie Sheen in the end.

Darkwing said:

I just posted it because I saw a post mentioning the fact that there was actually going to be a movie and I thought (Hey, these guys are behind the times!) so I put in the most important info pieces off the top of my head. just filling in on what some may have missed out on, isn't that what this forums about?

Right you are!

PFCRon said:

I'm pretty sure the authors weren't planning to make a legendary classic!

That's only why the covers say "Part x of four in the classic space opera", right? ;)

They were planning something big.