Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

DOOM RELATED POST

Maybe this was brought ten million times before,oh well.
I was reading through some of the Doom Novels and I was looking through the instruction manuals about monsters.
Demons,alines,space demons?
I know this may seem like a stupid queston to alot of people in this forum or maybe no one will whine,I dunno.
Like I said,no more flaming for me.
So anyways,fellow Doomers are these enimies hell spawn from hell,aliens from another planet or a civilization of an unknown race of beings from a parralel unerverse?Has this ever gotten you curious?
What do we know about em?
throughout Doom you see satanic stuff like devil worshipping but its always in space,yes?
The last episodes convey in hell,maybe in doom3 it willshed some light into our demonic friends we love to kill.

Guest fraggle`

the doom novels were complete shit from what i understand. even id didnt like them. the monsters in doom are demons from hell.

In the game, they're demons. In the books, they're some sort of aliens from another dimension. The books made up a lot of their own storyline that conflicted with the games.

fraggle` said:

the doom novels were complete shit from what i understand. even id didnt like them. the monsters in doom are demons from hell.

seeing as the books screwed up something good,when u think about it,the novels had almost nothing to do with doom.literaly.
Doom involves demons,not aliens posing as demons.Blah,terrible.
The first one I thought it was gonna be about doom and the demons,but I read on and I wanted to cry.Since when do you see imps and demons fighting every time u see em?
Of course there are the usual cross fires,but all the time.They made the imps completely weak,killing em with your bare hands and not a scratch?Blah again.
They left out some of the demons like the arachatorns and hell knights and baphomet!
I bought all four novels and hated the last two,just a sad day for doom.

Yeah, and why do imps in the novels shoot "Green flaming snot?"

What the hell is up with that? I never got the 3rd book cuz i can't find it anywhere. Does it really suck that much?

well it has nothing to even do with the aliens/supposed demons.
It has to be about the marine and some others going to kick the ass of the demons/aliens creators,i never read it in awhile.

Just read some of the doom2 intermission screens and they will mention both aliens and demons! It IS really strange.

Rubilacxe said:

Yeah, and why do imps in the novels shoot "Green flaming snot?"

What the hell is up with that? I never got the 3rd book cuz i can't find it anywhere. Does it really suck that much?

yes, the 3rd and 4th books suck more than that much. only read the first 2, you're not missing anything in the last 2. i still think that the first 2 books are awesome though.

I think It's mentioned below, but the intermission after 'circle of destruction' says that you are trapped on a planet surrounded by aliens, zombies, demons and mutants (or something like that). It really confused the hell outa me when I read it, but I just assume that they are all demons. They can't be aliens because very few look alike (on half life they all had three arms, on Duke Nukem they all looked like predatory animals evolved into bipedal forms).