Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

How can a fellow Doomer sink to these lows?

Guest ZarcyB

[name snipped]

I don't know how you could sink to these lows [snip]. I mean, asking for warez is one thing (although you have never asked for warez here), but uploading them to your server? I once respected you. Now you have uploaded the Doom 2 IWAD to you server, for all the world to access. How could you, a fellow Doomer, do this? You have just lost all respect I had for you.

I doubt I am the only person saddened by this fact.

Do you have something you want to tell [snip]? Then contact him:
[snip]

Today is a dark day for Doom...

[Sorry, but don't start 'campaigns' on this forum. Thanks - red. Mordeth]

blasphemy! doom is cheap enough that you can buy it in a bargain bin for $5. not to mention, the satisfaction of owning it. i sold my n64 but still own doom 64. i bought ultimate doom, final doom, doom 2, etc. like the rules of my ftp go, if you can buy it, (and pay royalties to the artist, programmers, etc) it's not going to be on my site. everything on my ftp is home brewed goodness. shame on you, warez scum.

hes probly doing it to get people to join the doom cummunity. well its a illegal way to do it and if someone contacts id softwere about this then he will have to pay a nice big fine for what he did.

How do you know it isnt for backup? Who gives a crap Zarcy. It isn't warez when you bought it and put it on your own server. If someone else finds [snip for Mordeth]'s server well thats good for them. If you don't like it tough, stay away from it. He didn't ask anyone to go and get it.

Guest ZarcyB

Sorry mordeth, just thought the community would like to know. Won't happen again.

Guest Liam the Bard
nightmare imp said:

what the heck is warez,i always hear the name or title,but i dont have a clue what it is.

Warez is games, tools, or software in general that is given away free for download on the internet. Products considered warez can still be found in stores and payed for, making warez illegal.

Drop it dude if he wants to warez let him, it's his business. it's not as if he's the only onw.

SaGa said:

hes probly doing it to get people to join the doom cummunity. well its a illegal way to do it and if someone contacts id softwere about this then he will have to pay a nice big fine for what he did.

I doubt [edited for Mordeth] would even care if more people come to the community. He hates half the people that have been in the community to begin with.

He is a well respected member of the community, a good wad maker and a quite average dm player, what he did/done is on his own site and not advertised here, as it's only the wad, not the full game, perhaps ppl have to swear on their mothers life they have the original :) before he lets em d/l it :)

"Today is a dark day for Doom... "

Boy it sure is. (moron)

"I don't know how you could sink to these lows"

There are a shitload of people that have doom warez out there, go pick on them. Is this the best you can do to get back at me?

I didnt advertise it as you have in this forum, and I see you even had doom warez up at one time you hipacrit.

"Now you have uploaded the Doom 2 IWAD to you server, for all the world to access."

How can someone "upload" from a computer to the same computer? That file was there before I installed the http server program on my computer, it was an ftp server that did not alow anonymous access so that I could get files from my computer to my schools computer and I set the http server to start in the same directory and added a few more folders. Now that you have pointed it out I guess I'll have to remove it and find another way to give myself access to MY doom2.wad from remote computers.

I dont think your post had its intended effect.

Guest Xoap
elbryan42 said:

blasphemy! doom is cheap enough that you can buy it in a bargain bin for $5. not to mention, the satisfaction of owning it. i sold my n64 but still own doom 64. i bought ultimate doom, final doom, doom 2, etc. like the rules of my ftp go, if you can buy it, (and pay royalties to the artist, programmers, etc) it's not going to be on my site. everything on my ftp is home brewed goodness. shame on you, warez scum.

Who gives a rat's ass whether someone has warez on their server or not? I'm willing to bet a lot of people who claim they're against warez have been a part of it before, purposefully or not. And btw all your Napster-users.. NAPSTER COUNTS AS WAREZ.

Oh another thing... Doom64 sux -- a lot. You should've sold it and kept your N64 instead.

Toke said:

"Today is a dark day for Doom... "

Boy it sure is. (moron)

"I don't know how you could sink to these lows"

There are a shitload of people that have doom warez out there, go pick on them. Is this the best you can do to get back at me?

I didnt advertise it as you have in this forum, and I see you even had doom warez up at one time you hipacrit.

"Now you have uploaded the Doom 2 IWAD to you server, for all the world to access."

How can someone "upload" from a computer to the same computer? That file was there before I installed the http server program on my computer, it was an ftp server that did not alow anonymous access so that I could get files from my computer to my schools computer and I set the http server to start in the same directory and added a few more folders. Now that you have pointed it out I guess I'll have to remove it and find another way to give myself access to MY doom2.wad from remote computers.

I dont think your post had its intended effect.

If your site does not allow any tom dick or harry to access/find it, then there's no problem. Anyone you choose to give access is your business and your business only. You can archive your files any way you want.

*Sigh*

Chin up Toke :)

Xoap said:

Who gives a rat's ass whether someone has warez on their server or not? I'm willing to bet a lot of people who claim they're against warez have been a part of it before, purposefully or not. And btw all your Napster-users.. NAPSTER COUNTS AS WAREZ.

Oh another thing... Doom64 sux -- a lot. You should've sold it and kept your N64 instead.

Yo, on da real... would someone PLEASE flame dis loser (Xoap, not toke, he's cool!)

Zarcy, for fuck's sake, lighten up. Warezing Doom is hardly fucking treason. Do you even have any idea how impossible it is to buy a copy outside of the US? My Doom1 and Final Doom aren't legal copies, because i've been looking for the fucking things for two years and haven't found copies yet. I may resort to paying stupid sums to ship them from ebay next term, but I wouldn't expect anyone to do that. Everyone i've ever known with a computer has some bit of software which isn't legally owned, it's hardly a big fucking deal...

Guest Epistax

that's all very nice but the obvious solution to this seemingly complicated situation is [edit for mordeth].

Guest deathwarrior
AdamW said:

Do you even have any idea how impossible it is to buy a copy outside of the US?

that statement is very true. it's easy to find in Australia though.

fodders said:

He is a well respected member of the community, a good wad maker and a quite average dm player, what he did/done is on his own site and not advertised here, as it's only the wad, not the full game, perhaps ppl have to swear on their mothers life they have the original :) before he lets em d/l it :)

heh now mordeth edited the name out of the top, I am having trouble finding out who you are talking about

esco said:

Yo, on da real... would someone PLEASE flame dis loser (Xoap, not toke, he's cool!)

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO XOAP!!

Guest lordjunge

asshole

Ralphis said:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO XOAP!!

WTF?
Yo what duz dat saying means anyways? I know dat shit is from some game, but I see it everywhere!

P.S. napster iz da shit!!! AND IT AIN'T WAREZ, ACCORDING TO DA LAW!!!