Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

the doom movie

i think the movies should have a very dark and scary theme to it. Much like the alien movies and event horizon. It should also go along with the game and teh areas in the game. It should not have the comic look or feel as many other game based movies. doom haveing a lose story line gives a writer a lot of options but as long as they stick to the basic story i think it should kick ass. May bey it should start off like saving private ryan, with a fast quick violent battle leaving only a few men to fight the demons. i hope it takes place on mars or a space ship too. well those are some of the things i would like to see

Some people say they should base it on the novels, but i don't really think it's a real good idea. I think the best ones were the first and second one. I would love to see that arch-vile scene (on book 2) on a silverscreen :)

But, i think they should think of somthing else other than the novels

the arch-vile scene, and the revenant in the semi and the zombie-supermarket scene.

I don't know if it's going to come out over here at the west coast still, but I sure hope they won't make it too much like the Gremlins movies. Everything was too obvious. Besides, it's obsolete and it would be a disaster if they did.
Making it similar to Saving Private Ryan sound good, though. Maybe add a little bit of End of Days in there as well? You know... It was hell coming to earth, but like Doom 2, it was hell ON earth. They'll probably throw in the storyline for Doom 3 (whatever that may be) in there too. Well, how about it?

elbryan42 said:

the arch-vile scene, and the revenant in the semi and the zombie-supermarket scene.

Zombie in the supermarket?? I'd like to see that. (Heh...)

sephiroth said:

Much like the alien movies and event horizon.

You just mentioned my two all time favorite movies, w00t!

I was talking mostly about the way in which the movie was filmed; camera movement, character dialogue (almost utterly silent, no more than a few words from anybody for the entire movie) and so on. Just set The Shining in Ultimate Doom and that's what I'd like to see.

Guest PFCRon

Somewhere along the line, I heard the original idea for it was gonna be something like Ghostbusters, but that upset many "die-hard DOOM fans" as the magazine I read that in said. Me personally, now that I've lost all hope of it being based on the novels (I'll bet it's the first script that was rejected, you id assholes!!!!!), I don't care how it's gonna be made or what the mood is, it's gonna suck either way! If it turns out terrible, the vision of DOOM for me will be destroyed.

Peace out, and good night (or day where ever you're at.)

Guest lordjunge

í bet my ass is gonna smell better than the movie (kidding)
bratwurst aint good and slime is ghoststuff