Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liam the Bard

Suggestions for my levels

Guest Liam the Bard

I need opinions on two levels I am currently mapping on paper and will make on my comp soon.

1st: I'm making a wad called "six temples" that is kind of like the hexen "hub" idea. After battling your way to a courtyard you'll have to run back and forth between six "temples" (Wood, Stone, Metal, Fire, Water, Poison) to activate enough switches to exit the courtyard to the final battle. My question is, should I make a "seventh" temple that is secret (VERY secret) like a "wolfenstein temple" or a weird temple with custom textures? I realize that, if found, it would screw up the theme of the level, but it would be entertaining.

2cd: Being the only video game mapper in my area, my friends urge me to make a wad based on my school. If you were doing the same, would you use custom textures, or doom textures for the school?

Thank you in advance.

If I were to make a school level, I would bring a camera to school and take pictures. Then I would make custom textures. And about that six temples thing, why not a seventh temple? Just don't make it messed up. (I mean come on, a wolfenstein temple?) Make it more of a pretty, sacred temple. (spirit temple?)

What your doing sounds extremely familiar to what I'm doing. I made some "paper wads" of my own. About 35 of them, but I only made 3 from paper on here.

About the temples, on my wad "Stone Stratagems" I made two levels called "Stone Fortress" and "Marble Fortress" (map10 and map12). Yeah, I know they're "fortresses" and not "temples," but maybe if you take a look at them you could get some ideas on how I used the lighting and the stone and marble textures. I always saw temple or fortress levels dark and gloomy with not many compacted areas. I received some feedback about them having an eerie feel.

Lazer said:

If I were to make a school level, I would bring a camera to school and take pictures. Then I would make custom textures. And about that six temples thing, why not a seventh temple? Just don't make it messed up. (I mean come on, a wolfenstein temple?) Make it more of a pretty, sacred temple. (spirit temple?)

Isn't "Spirit Temple" from Ocarina of Time?

Make a VERY dark temple called the "Shadow" Temple. It would be awesome if done right.

Zeratul 982 said:

Isn't "Spirit Temple" from Ocarina of Time?

yep and so is "shadow temple"

Guest Liam the Bard
ralphis said:

Make a VERY dark temple called the "Shadow" Temple. It would be awesome if done right.

Hey, that's cool Ralphis. Thanx, I just might drop something lame like wood and put "shadow" in.

Zeratul 982 said:

So is fire and water.

Fire and water are pretty common things though...