Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cph

Twice Risen

You can use them in any way you see fit, as long as you leave credit to my name.

That sounds good enough for us, who's up for vulture duty? Anything in there we can use?

Thats GREAT news, twice risen is high-quality stuff. Shame Niggel had to give up after all, but we can hopefully make sure that his work isn't for nothing..

That gun does look pretty cool, but can it make a relatively realistic BFG? The BFG ball is so big, it looks like that gun would choke on it. :p

Rellik said:

That gun does look pretty cool, but can it make a relatively realistic BFG? The BFG ball is so big, it looks like that gun would choke on it. :p

It's only big if you use a big sprite :P

RailGunner said:

im doing the picking

There's tons and tons of resources, I think it would be better if we all discussed them here.

Jon said:

There's tons and tons of resources, I think it would be better if we all discussed them here.

i concur.

but, the bfg has to have big sprites! otherwise it wouldnt be a big fucking gun.

esayeek said:

but, the bfg has to have big sprites! otherwise it wouldnt be a big fucking gun.

Um, we can't name it BFG anyways, so size does not matter.

I could make some kind of comment here, but because my gf just told me she reads my website, I should perhaps be more careful.

Jon said:

I could make some kind of comment here, but because my gf just told me she reads my website, I should perhaps be more careful.

rofl

I've been thinking- if the twice risen maps are in a good enough state (and would work ok in vanilla doom physics) then, perhaps we should use them to create an entire episode i.e. E2* E3* or E4*. There's a consistent theme...

Jon said:
if the twice risen maps are in a good enough state (and would work ok in vanilla doom physics) then, perhaps we should use them to create an entire episode i.e. E2* E3* or E4*. There's a consistent theme...

Twise Risen is for Doom 2 tho. Not that I suppose it makes much difference, we can use our doom2-ish textures in our doom1-ish WAD, so only the things would need converting.

Otherwise, yes it makes sense to use the levels and together if they make an episode. Could even use it as one of the "episodes" of doom 2 if we shuffled level assignments.

Also perhaps we should check with the original authors of the levels; I saw a comment from Nightmare (I think) saying he'd prefer people left his levels as he was going to release them alone.

One of the maps in there are map08 in Nimrod aswell, so better not touch that one, since Michael gave me the "rights" to it.

M20-a.wad is one of the filenames for it.
M20-fa~1.wad is another.

hm I think we need to explicitly define what parts of tr are in fact of use to us... any ideas?

kristus said:

One of the maps in there are map08 in Nimrod aswell, so better not touch that one, since Michael gave me the "rights" to it.

M20-a.wad is one of the filenames for it.
M20-fa~1.wad is another.

you better clear that up between you and him; we were explicitly given rights to use anything and everything in this package.

esayeek said:

you better clear that up between you and him; we were explicitly given rights to use anything and everything in this package.

The stuff is still copyrighted by the creator though. I mean, you can't just grab a bunch of your favourite band's mp3s, put them together and say "everybody! do whatever you want with them", can you? :)

boris said:

The stuff is still copyrighted by the creator though. I mean, you can't just grab a bunch of your favourite band's mp3s, put them together and say "everybody! do whatever you want with them", can you? :)

sounds like a good idea! =D

yeah i guess you're right :)

boris said:

Well yeah, if the band had said 'here are some mp3s, do whatever you want with them'

easyeek: I have cleared it up with him. that map should have been removed from the zip, but he missed it. along with a few textures. Just ask him if you don't beleive me.

Ok I think its fair to say that we can't use twice risen at all then, yet. Someone should politely ask Michael to reclarify what exactly has can give away to do with as we like.. Yep, I might end up doing it heh