Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Hmmmm.......

Well, I just got out bed 15 minutes ago, and I had strange Doom-dream before I awoke. Allow me to tell you about it.
The exact level I was in was E1M3 of Ultimate Doom, Toxin Refinery.
I dreamed that there were no Former Humans of Shotgun Sergeants, just big, pink demons. There were about fifteen of them running to get me, and all I had was a pistol with 10 bullets. I shot one, and all of a sudden God Mode was turned on. And the weird part was, during the whole thing, the status bar that's normally right at the bottom of the screen was right in front of my eeyes, only it was transparent, so I could see throught it!
Is there anything "weird" about my dream to you guys?
Should I stop playing DooM altogether?
AACK!

Funny, I woke up like 15 minutes ago as well and had a dream with a doom like area that had a few "portals" and weird waterfalls...

I had a couple of those once. Some were Doom but most of them where Duke 64.
I was in some kind of virtual deathmatch playing against my brothers and maybe a couple of other players, only we looked just like Duke like on the game. The battle arena kind of resembled our house, but not quite. It had a couple of extra rooms and halls. It had similar sound effects like players or bots fighting in a nearby area. Pistol shots followed by some of Duke's yells and grunts. ("ow...aah...ow, oh...") When you die, it's just like on Duke 64. A flash of red and then fades to black, but you start automatically in another area instead of having to press the 'action' button...

I had a dream with Bull demons too. I was in a small room, with no weapons or ammo left. I had only my fists to fight. They were a dozen and were heading towards me with their mouth big opened. Then I woke up.
Another was more soft. I was just walking in a Unreal-like level. I was climbing on a kind of vulcan, and ahead there was a grotto, with red lighting in it. I had the shotgun with me. It was tranquill, with some wind blowing...very cool dream.

I had one when i was little playin on my 32x (gotta love that thing), I was in some type of museum thing and a caco (which i called concades then because i wasnt the best ready, a baron, and something else (there were no cybs or spiderdemons in the 32x version). I was all runnin around and then, since my dream was in a 3rd person perspective, i was banging on the camera kinda view i was having "screaming let me out. let me out!" It was great. Nightmares rox0rz m3.

I've made some maps out of my Doom dreams. They're all pretty strange.

Transparent status bar, eh? Hey source port developers everywhere listen up. This would be a *very cool feature to add in a source port, because it would give you more viewing area without sacrificing the original status bar. I like it. Who says dreams are useless?