Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

photoshop clones

I am looking for a freeware photoshope clone or a similar program. i would like to start on my doom wallparers. I have taken a class on photoshop but i dont wish to pay the $200+ on it and i also support free and shareware. i have made several good wallpapers about doom at school but sadly i can not put them on a floppy or email them out, damn Imacs

Do some research. Perhaps there´s a crack or something for the PhotoShop 6 demo, wich has all the features of the retail working except saving.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 beta 2 (www.jasc.com). As long as your 30 trial period hasn't expired all features are available.... and when your trial period has expired just set the date back to the day you installed psp7 for the first time and it works again!

Happy paintin'

Zaldron said:

Do some research. Perhaps there´s a crack or something for the PhotoShop 6 demo, wich has all the features of the retail working except saving.

I'd say that's a pretty important feature :)

Just take a screenshot. Use printscreen, paste it in MS-Paint and re-size it.

$200 for Photoshop? YOU ARE LUCKY, I am living in Germany and software is EXESSIVE expensive in my country. The full version of Photoshop 6.0 costs 2150 Deutschmark, that is around $1000. The update (only the update!!!) I would have to purchase for my registered full version would cost me 676 Deutschmark = around $300. There are several excellant programms simialiar to Photoshop distributed as shareware and freeware for the Macintosh (I am a Mac user), but I am afraid you could not make good use of it since they are for the Mac. But if you are in the need for a truly professional app, you should pay this tiny $200 and feel happy that you are not living in Germany :-)

Lüt said:

I'd say that's a pretty important feature :)

Just take a screenshot. Use printscreen, paste it in MS-Paint and re-size it.

Yeah, but if you want to save the multilayered PSD format, you´ll have to face some REAL problems...

Look around for GIMP. It's a free linux paint app, with a win32 port. It can hold its own alongside Photoshop, with layers, plugins, etc. I use it on Win98 & NT4.

Another one is called Embellish, by the now defunct Dadaware.

I like GIMP better, but Embellish handles gifs. Excellent animated gif support.