Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Map17 completed?

I finished map17 on my wad, but it seemed like that I hurried through it, so I may have fixed the glitches and then again I may have forgot some. I tested the level out before I updated the wad on the ftp and didn't find any.

Elbryan42: Could you move my sound wads from "Zeratul 982's sound wads" into the "wads/zeratul 982" directory sometime so they could be more accessible?

Is this referring to "Stonedmo.wad"? If so, YAY!!!!!! Your wad is one of the best I've played in a long time. I'm really amazed at how well it plays for a "plain vanilla" wad (no source port required). The architecture isn't the most impressive, but I believe that fancy architecture would get in the way of the wad's design. It's one of the most combat-oriented wads I've ever played, and a great change of pace from ZDoom- and EDGE-style wads.

Keep up the great work!

Guest RTC Marine

Geez, maybe I should get my ass into gear and start making levels again :P

Guest deathwarrior

yes, you should.

OK, I played this... besides saying to up the detail levels, you gotta ditch all those invulnerability spheres and cut back on a little bit of the excessive ammo. Even on UV this was really easy.

Really? One person said that he ran out of ammo after map07.
Anyway, tell me where there should be some changes and I'll put it under some advisement. At some points I even thought it was a little too easy. Even one person said that he would like a level that had little or no monsters in it. That goes together like pizza with no cheese. It just doesn't work.

Zeratul 982 said:

Even one person said that he would like a level that had little or no monsters in it. That goes together like pizza with no cheese. It just doesn't work.

Actually, it does work, I've made a few. It's hard but you can make them and make them just as tough as any other maps with monsters.

But what I was saying about the difficulty was mainly centered around the invulnerability spheres. I'm up to Map05 (no-codes that is; I've looked around some of the later maps with clipping) and haven't needed one of those invulnerabilities yet. You generally have the difficulties done very well except for all those invuln spheres. I'd say you could leave some of them in the easier skill levels but only the more important ones, for example the one in map02 by the cyberdemon on the cliff.

What about map07? Once you get there, you'll probably know what I mean. To me, without the invulnerability artifact in map07 it would be close to trying to beat "Arachnophobia" on Hell Revealed... unless if there is a trick to that level that I haven't figured out yet.
But I could get rid of the one in map05 though.

Oh, and speaking of map07, if you're wondering why all those medkits are there, well, they're not supposed to be. They're supposed to be deathmatch only items. (oops)