Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esco

Aight doomworld... peep dis out!

Yo, here's something that I ain't eva seen anybody areound here asked:

What have each and every one of ya'll contributed to da doom community as a whole?

My personal contribution was ALL of da doom 64 sounds. I figured dis would be an interesting question to bring up, and it would also help everyone get a better idea on who is responsible for doing what. It could be something as minor as a gfx wad, or something as big as a TC, I just wanna see what kind of stuff ya'll peeps have done!

Do me a favor though... if you have done about a HUNDRED things, don't post them all. Just post a few dat is yo best, and even if you only have done something extremely minor, feel free to post it. It will only make things more interesting. Well I hope I see responses from at least most of ya'll peeps (including linguica and mordeth, if ya'll ain't too busy. Besides creating doomworld I mean.) Peace out.

Guest deathwarrior

sorta related to this topic, after a few weeks of slacking (in a way), I've decided to continue work on my Doom Alpha Resource Wad. I had almost forgot about it.

I contributed my "Awesome Quality!" Music: PSX Doom, PSX Final Doom, Doom 64, & PSX Descent. As well, I added the PSX only Doom sounds to complete the console sounds Esco started. I made wads of the PSX & PC MP3s as well.

Lastly, I put all of my Doom stuff & more onto the FTP, which has really caught on. I even have toons on there. I know how hard it is to find toons, especially full series & good quality.

Hmm... that's all I can think of right now. I would like to thank everyone for contributing to both Doomworld & my FTP! Once I get more HD space, it'll be even better. By the way, the total is 4 gigs now.

I've been in the process of contributing stuff for about 6 years. I can never finish anything I've started because I always start something else. Hopefully by the end of this year I'll have all 100+ maps released that I've started all the way back in '94. Most are gonna be "classic" style just because that's when they were made, a few are gonna use source ports.

I've done a few map reviews and contests at Team Insanity too, but those are just kinda filler until I actually get all my "work" together.

deathwarrior said:

sorta related to this topic, after a few weeks of slacking (in a way), I've decided to continue work on my Doom Alpha Resource Wad. I had almost forgot about it.

7 released levels (only 5 are good). 5 levels for the upcoming megawad Alien Vendetta. Various speed demos... and the e1 clone wad page.

I contributed beta versions of my PC, Cube. Very soon, the final version will be here so I can take credit for that once it happens :)

Guest DIRE

unfourtunitly i havent contributed anything. I dont know how to program, so helping on a source port or tc is out of the question. and i am not good at wad authoring so i cant do that as well. I guess im just a doom community parasite. If i find a way that i can contribute i will.

Why I contribute my charming personality...

Alright these days I don't do a whole lot, I used to run a well known web site in the old days called the Doom News Centre, and then there was Scorpion Doom, but I got bored of doing that.

I've beta tested a few things, and I'm an op in #doom on openprojects.net. And I'm currently involved in some stuff which I can't mention right now.

I made the worst levels in Gothic DM 2, Darkening E1 and E2. I

I've also released two fairly good ZDoom DM levels, Morbid DM 1 and 2, and a couple of texture .wads (nmtext1 and 2). Oh, and a REALLY old and crappy six level DM .wad, Realms of Pain.

I'm working on quite a bit of stuff at the moment as well, see my post "Five years of NiGHTMARE)

Update: heh, it may look I'm putting myself down quite a bit here, but considering the amazing qualities of the three add-ons mentioned, the worst levels are still pretty good :)

I've made a few levels and there are more to come, but I don't consider these 'contributions' because I do them for my own enjoyment, not really for others.

Guest fraggle`

smmu, textmode doom, wadptr, a few levels that sucked, #doom ops, doomserv hacks, csdoom backdoor discovery

I supplied a shoulder to cry one when things got to difficult...I will add my wads here soon...

Guest ZarcyB

4 DM maps, and *cough cough* Doomveterans (now dead)

Guest spacedog

JUSTIFY YOURSELF MORTAL!!!!

i made some nice pie

here's what i contributed
www.badgers.cjb.net/archive/chainsaw.htm

What do you mean when you say "all of the doom64 sounds?" did you create them or just transfer them to pc?

fraggle` said:

smmu, textmode doom, wadptr, a few levels that sucked, #doom ops, doomserv hacks, csdoom backdoor discovery

Sooooo nothing but trouble making eh? :)

* Level 3 of AOD-DOOM (the bad level)
* Worked on the ill-fated ID4DOOM
* Started the whole Doom news idea with the Functional Entropy Doom news page
* Founder and webmaster of Doomworld
* Original idea, site design, research, interviews, previews, site maintenance, promotion for 5 Years of Doom
* Defended Doom during the whole Columbine thing
* Map07 of Gothic99 (the bad level)
* Put John Stossel's head into Doom as an enemy for a Nightline report on Columbine
* Ran the 10 Sectors WAD contest and compiled the levels into megawads

Those are the big things I guess...

I aint contributed anything and dont plan on in the future,what can I tribute anyways?Im a terrible level creator or I dont know very much about editing anything!

---So spare me if I hadent known that this forum was only meant for people who edit or create stufffor Doom.----

So maybe I will tribute something,I dunno,if this place had a fan art section I would contribute my Doom art or something else.But other wise im done.

Some posts of mine were pure shit,some were good,im not perfect.

But anyways to contribute something would be no-no for me,nothing to contribute like wads or tc's etc.

I have contributed a few bits and pieces in a sporadic way for some time. However I did it because I wanted to, and not particularly because I wanted to be recognised for it. I shall probably continue to do so too.

» My PSX sound wad (psxsnds.wad) using elbryan42's psx doom sounds.
» The Starcraft sound wad (scdoom.zip)
» My SP / DM level "House of Evil" (evilhome.zip)
» Stone Stratagems Demo (stonedmo.zip) which is constantly growing and changing.

besides stale, really dry humor that noone really apriciates...and bad spelling and grammar usage. not much at all. I can make levels if i register my wadauther. i should make a tc. probably based on cheezeman, my story. my friend is giveing
to a publisher tomarrow.

Guest Cacodemon Leade
deathwarrior said:

Did the MOD Cacodemon Squad for Christs Sake! However, I'm still working on the damn thing!

My weapons conversion "DeathTC" which still has not been able to see the light of day.

Alot of perosnal insight.

Alot of scientific knowledge and newbie battering so that bad ideas dont get out of hand.

Alot of zdoom badgering & edge promotion.

Guest Fanatic

Good question!

HacX -three levels, sounds, sprites, textures, Dehacked code, playtesting.

New Breed, BreedDM, ROKS, ROKS Rocket Arena, QDOOM, endless hours of DOSDoom and EDGE troubleshooting and getting new features added to the engine for coders, RTS Online (EDGE script editor), and endless hours of assisting absolutely anyone in the community with anything DOOM related.

I've contributed mp3 wads, MY updated version of your SNDINFO doom64 sounds wad with some of my own sounds for stuff that didn't have its own sound, and a doom64 sprite wad (no monsters yet), all of which are in my dir in the wads section on elbryans FTP.

And for the love of christ please read the accompanying README's for chrissakes.

Guest deathwarrior

Well, not much. I usually cancel most of my projects (my earliest was "Extreme Doom 2" Partial Conversion which I worked on from early 1999 to mid 2000) but I might think about starting some of them again (my Skulltag SP episode for example). I have released (or working on):

* Skulltag Wadauthor Config (http://deathwarrior.demongate.ath.cx/skulltag.wcf)

* the last version of Extreme Doom 2 I worked on (http://deathwarrior.demongate.ath.cx/exdoom2.zip)

* an early ver of my Skulltag SP episode (http://deathwarrior.demongate.ath.cx/dwrst_sp.wad)

* 2 Id level remakes for Skulltag (get them at http://deathworldind.cjb.net/)

* at least 12 MP3 remixs of songs

* UAC Resurrection (I created it).

* Doom Alpha Resource Wad

... only unfinished stuff ... but (aaaaaarghhhhh)
hey, spring holiday is nearing, buying a new Mac has eaten my money, so I can stay home and make a level!

Wow, I didn't realize I was among some people who helped with some of the biggest turning points and TCs in doom! Well here are my things:
-Doom Down Under
-Return - a fun little Pc I made years ago that never was all that well made but it was fast and fun. On my website.
-Underworld - Well, it isn't done yet but I do have a beta and I've got someone working on a level right now. (SlayeR) It will have tons of new textures all made by me. Hopefully it will be remembered as something.

I ran the UK's largest Doom BBS bringing multiplay to around a 1000 members, thats not counting non members
The modems alone 36x14.4 were then $7,500
2 galactiboxes at $2000
computers 2 486's then @$700 each
36 phone lines = $600/month
world groups licences around $2500 with sirius software
works out at quite a piece
we never did make any money :(
Just glad to have met so many damn good players over the years we ran it, http://www.forest91.freeserve.co.uk is still up, should really put something else there now :(
Years of being on call 19 hours a day, listening to people moan about this and that, usually how Mystican was so gay :)good times :)

I made the "DooM64 Partial Conversion".
With help from Cory W. Esco and Elbryan42 recorded all the sounds. But I extracted all the graphics with an emulator and photoshop.