Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Getting to know you all.

Hmm... I've been here for a long time, like many of you have been. And this place is like home, and I don't really know any of you. Where you're all from, your names, etc.

Since this place has been friendly lately And that doesn't mean that we need to change that. :)

I'll go first. Elbryan42 is obviously not my name. Name's Rob. I live in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

By the way, my nic comes from the main character in the novels "The Demon Saga" by R.A. Salvatore, and the 42 is from Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, meaning the answer to life the universe and everything.

Guest RTC Marine

Hi, my names Russell, I live in New Zealand (The hole of the world).
I'm 15 years old and uhh yeah. :P
I originally got my nick about a year ago, when I was a newbie
here are my old nicks: RiceMan, LastDoomer and UAC_Marine.
I changed my nick to RTC_Marine because Maonth employed me in The RTC Corporation.
So yeah thats about all my profile (i think) :P

Well I'm 19, I live in Finland and my real name is Esa Repo. I've had the nic Espi since probably from around when I was 10. I got my first PC back at '96, and Doom was the main reason for begging my parents to buy one :)

Hello, My names Korin Dos, I live in Canada (eh :), and I don't talk on the forums much. =) (I have been around for a butt load of time though. I just don't remember how long back. ;) I've had this name as my net name for, like, 4 years or so, and.. uhh... Stuff. ^_^

Test-0

Guest Cacodemon Leade
RTC Marine said:

Hi, my names Russell, I live in New Zealand (The hole of the world).
I'm 15 years old and uhh yeah. :P
I originally got my nick about a year ago, when I was a newbie
here are my old nicks: RiceMan, LastDoomer and UAC_Marine.
I changed my nick to RTC_Marine because Maonth employed me in The RTC Corporation.
So yeah thats about all my profile (i think) :P

Names Sean Gauthier, and the first time I played DOOM was on the 32X, and back then I couldn't even find out how to defeat a Baron of Hell that kept killing me on Level 15 of it.
I'm now 15 years old.
I did my nick while the Free Hissy Campaign was still moving, and before Hissy was Freed. Like back at February, I entered this board.

My name's Jimmy MacLean, I'm 17, and I live in Bristol, England.
I enjoy listening to music, preferably heavy metal (Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth).
I took my Name from BRuce Dickinsons Nickname "The Air Raid Siren"

my name is sani and i live in singapore, the insignificant little dot on the planet~ my nick is a cheesy reference to the BfG! Oh yeah~ im 19... =)

Well, my name is John Wantland (weird last name, huh?) and I live in McAlllen, Texas (second hottest place in the U.S., next to Death Valley, and then, just barely). Um, I started playing Doom when I was living in Wyoming, my dad had seen someone playing it at work, and he wanted me to go download it. That was way back when we had a 14.4 modem and I thought 3 megabytes was a HUGE download. I played it, and was hooked ever since. My taste in music is classic rock (basically any rock from the 60's, 70's or 80's will do) and just a little bit from the early 90's, but not much, since I think that almost all music made after 1990 stinks. I took my name from the combination of the fact that I love Doom and do stuff like reformat my hard drive for fun and program in Qbasic even though I know C++. I still own and play the original 8-bit Nintendo, which I love to death, and have a huge obsession with old video and computer games. In real life, I'm eccentric, spastic, neurotic, and otherwise mentally unstable, but not in a bad way, and most people think of my as nice but odd.

I was honestly curious when someone would ask this..

My name is Joel Poston, I live in Pennsylvania, where nothing EVER happens. I picked the name Submerge because, well, I like to swim, that's about it. Oh, I am 16 as well.

Guest PFCRon

Brent Haskins; 16 years old; San Antonio, TX. 'Nuff said. My mom got me hooked on DOOM not too long after my parents divorce. Just recently moved in with her. That's all for me.

Guest Doom4Ever

you probly didnt mean me when you posted this cause i am scarce on the forums but my name is leonard carapezza (its italian) and i live in slc utah (arg!!). i am 14 years old and used to come here everyday but then they blocked it off the school computers so i dont come by often. and i am pobly gonna change my user name soon. i chose doom4ever back when i wasnt thinking. c'ya.

All right I'll bite. My name's Josh, I just turned 21, and I live in the armpit of the USA... Southwest Michigan. My first game of Doom was when I rented it for my SNES and I played it nonstop. I managed to rent it about another ten times before I got a computer, and I've been addicted ever since.

My nickname is a rarely used gothic term. A deadnail, or deathnail, is the last nail put into a coffin. I like it because it's morbid and it stands as a slight reference to nin. Very slight.

My icon is two Japanese words over a spiral. The words are HenTai, which directly translates into pervert. ;)

The name's Chris. I live in Aberdeen, WA. I came to Doomworld March 1 of this year, and as of right now (Apr. 25) I have reached my 300th post already. (This being 301)

I was interested in Doom ever since some years ago (maybe 7) when my cousin showed me it on his computer. I began playing SNES Doom and got all the way to Phobos Anomaly, but couldn't figure out why I kept on dying in that dark room with the demons in it, and after that, why the game kept on restarting. I was playing it under "I'm too young to die!" mode then. Hey, it was my first time so give me a break! Then in summer of '98 I got Doom and Final Doom for the PSX. Christmas of '99 we finally got a computer. I eventually bought Ultimate Doom and then Doom 2 a year later or less.

About my nickname, "Zeratul" comes from one of the Protoss heroes from Starcraft. The "982" is quite simple. The 9 is the day of birth (Nov. 9) and the "82" is the year of birth (1982). So, that makes me 18.

I wanted to have the "Zeratul" and the "982" together in some way, but as it seems, it didn't recognize the underscore. Oh well.

Well, I´m not a true poster in this forum, I´m mostly focused on the DooM3 one. But, anyway, how could this hurt?

My name´s Federico Ceccatto (spanish/italian if you wonder), and I live in Argentina (the southest country in the world).
I´m 17 (this sounds like some kind of crappy AA meeting :) and my nick comes from the name of one of the most powerful characters in the classic turn-based strategy game "Master of Magic". My face´s obviously the Heresiarch of Hexen, since I´m a true Hexen/Heretic fan.

This place INDEED feels like home, I never miss a chance of checking both general and doom3 forums whenever I get online. This is my 1125th post so far.

Speaking of DooM, I´ll say the first time I played it was on my dad´s work, and he even bought me the game later, something that shows how much times have changed. Today we have all that violence crap, when my dad got it for me at the age of 12.

hey a fellow Canadian! I'm Jim, from the bald ass prarie in southern Alberta. I love this game, but it's gonna be much greater once all this sourceport bullshit works itself out and we finally get some good universally bitchin' engines to make levels for. I started playing way WAY back when DOOM first came out on a 386 with no soundcard. I still fire up the old doom and play a few levels in the lowest rez with the PC speaker just for old times sake. Ahhhh the memories...

The name's Renato Lucifora (not to mistake with Lucifer - Lucifora in latin means "brings the light" while Renato can mean both "king born" or "re-born").
I live in a little peaceful country that is the Switzerland.
I turned 18 last month.
My nickname started of an ortography error. I wanted to write "(ils)feront" wich in french mean "(they) will do", and I added an "h" that turned the word in "Feronth". I looked at it and I was thinking "Hey, that's cool for a nickname". So I opted it instead of JudgeDooM (my old nick) who sounded too newbie-ish.
I discovered Doom for the first time on the SNES. I first bought WWF Wrestelmania, but I didn't like it. A friend adviced me to change it for Doom instead. So I did. Of course, it ran on the SNES, it wasn't that fluid and beautiful compared to the PC version, so I didn't like it at first. But then I played, and I played and I played, and I played...and so on. Till I got totally addicted to this game. My brother was worse than me, everytime I came back from school at midday, I always found him playin Doom. That made him bought Doom and Doom II (they were all the 2 in a "re-play" edition pack). Then I discovered Doom on the PSX and loved the ambiance especially because of the music (thx Elbryan42 for your ftp btw. So I can listen again to those musics). And then I had my PC and the first game I installed were Doom and Doom II.

Im from Canada,Alberta the north westeran area and I play DOOM as you guessed it.

I got my firt computer back in 95, I got my new computer just a few weeks ago.

I'm Thijs. I'm from Holland (Drugs-country). I'm 19 years old.
My Nick comes from a band called Vision of Disorder. I started playing doom a long time ago (I can't recall a year). I began with the shareware version of Doom, and I've been hooked to the game ever since...

Cacodemon Leade said:

Names Sean Gauthier, and the first time I played DOOM was on the 32X, and back then I couldn't even find out how to defeat a Baron of Hell that kept killing me on Level 15 of it.
I'm now 15 years old.
I did my nick while the Free Hissy Campaign was still moving, and before Hissy was Freed. Like back at February, I entered this board.

Brian Rayner 49, a little village in England called Little Lever
The nick is FOD because when I bought my son his 1st modem he joined a BBS with the nick Dominator, so when I joined I picked FOD Father OF Dominator, his mother took MOD Mother Of Dominator and his sister never did like HER name :)
His page is at http://www.geocities.com/dominator00_uk/

I'm Dave...come from Northampton England...I first started playing Doom in 95 at a tender age of 11.
Bands: Nirvana, Alice In Chains, A Perfect Circle, Incubus...
My other names: CRAPHEAD and LOL.

Name's John. I live in Houston, TX. Gonna be 15 this year, which makes me 14 (And single :p)

I got my name (Rubilacxe) a long time ago when my brother introduced me to online gaming. He suggested that I get a Deathmatch alias, so I looked for a word, found Excalibur and made it backwards. Thus, Rubilacxe was born :)

Plus, I used the name Rubilacxe for a "badguy" in a comic I made. I am working on a movie script of it, but hell, i'm babbling again.

BTW, in my signature, you'll notice one of my quotes says "JWL". That would be my initials.

Guest ZarcyB

Name's Ross, I'm from Edinburgh in the UK, and I'm 15.

My idol is the Unreal/UT map designer CliffyB. I made up the name Zarc Bloodthorne a few years ago, and decided to abbreviate it to ZarcyB after CliffyB. He 0wnz j00r asses.

Name's Andrew, 19 turning 20 in a week or so, I live in Los Angeles, California although my permanent address is still in San Diego.

My nick comes from the pizza topping. Don't ask. I don't know.

My name is Tony Lindberg. I´m 20 years old. I live in Uppsala, Sweden. My nickname Ghostpilot is taken from a very cool NeoGeo-game with the same name.

My first encounter with DooM was when my friends parents bought a new shiny and extreamly expensive 486-computer. With this monstermachine we could play the "near realistic" horrorthemed game named DooM. I couldn´t beleve it. It was even better than Wolfenstein. It even had stairs and many levels of floorheight.
Man I was scared when I first played it. You could hear the monsters everywhere.

fodders said:

Brian Rayner 49, a little village in England called Little Lever
The nick is FOD because when I bought my son his 1st modem he joined a BBS with the nick Dominator, so when I joined I picked FOD Father OF Dominator, his mother took MOD Mother Of Dominator and his sister never did like HER name :)
His page is at http://www.geocities.com/dominator00_uk/

Fodders 49 eh. You make me feel so young. Well someone here has to. Real Name Nigel Rowand (but that's Okay, cause I didn't pick it) 36 years, The attractively named village of Kinmuck - 36 houses - 1 pub, 15 miles from Aberdeen Scotland. 1 wife 2 kids, 1 dog. Reason for Enjay, not worth repeating (on my website if you really want to know http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/ ).

Now let me see Father of dominator = FoD

Mother of Dominator = MoD

Sister of Dominator = Um, so what's the problem?

Heh, nice story. Of course if he had a brother He'd be BoD. You do remember Bod (kids TV show) right?

Guest kristus

My name is Kristian Käll. I live in Sweden and I first played doom when we installed computers in our classroom back in early 1994. I'm soon 22 years old and I love Punk Rock. :p

My favorit band is AFI(aka A'buncha Fuckin Idiots, Anthems For Insubordinates, Asking For It, A fire Inside)

Other great bands are, Pennywise, Dead Kennedys, NIN, Union 69, Offspring, No use for a name, no fun at all, etc etc. If it's punk I probably love it.

bands that suck. NOFX and other such bands that try to act cool.

My nick comes from when I was young and foolish.

fodders said:

:)

well let's see... the name is Sean Smith, im 14 years old,live in McKeesport, Pennsylvania. my hobbies are doom, doom,doom, quake,and warcraft. i first started playing doom about 3 years ago when my friend introduced me to doom2(my cousin introduced me to psx doom first though). since then, i was hooked, then i got ultimate doom. well... i used to hang around the internet gaming zone known as kramds, but now im footman. i chose this name cuz footman means body guard and that's basically what i am. im sometimes on doomserv, quake2, and quake3,as well as warcraft 2.
well... that's me... btw, since i love doom, i ALWAYS be either doom,phobos or crash on quake3, i also have a doom guy model for quake 2 ;)

Yo, good idea for a post, dawg! I was actually thinking about asking dis shit next... oh well.

Mah name is Jose Escobar, and I live in deltona, florida.(otherwise called DEADTONA! Don't let them fool ya'll peeps, florida's only good for vacations! Dis be da state of retired old people and cops, ONLY).

I be 22 years old, and mah b'day is march 12th. I am 5ft 6in tall, 135 lbs. I am a puerto rican, ghetto lover, dat lived in brooklyn, NY for 15 years of mah life (in da "bad part", not no goddamn rich neighborhoods)!

I live with mah moms and pops, my 2 brothas, and mah 2 sistas (I am da oldest). I like latin music, hip hop, r&b, rap, and club or dance music. My hobbies are playing video games, listening ta music, chillin wit mah peeps, and going to see mah beautiful little wifey (means girlfriend, NOT WIFE!!!), Erica. In other words, doin mah thing, and just plain willin' out!

Mah name was given to me by mah dawg, fat Pete (he gonna be da next big pun, believe dat)! We was listening ta Nas, and he pointed out dat there were about a billion people wit da name Jose, and dat I needed mah own "tag" (it means nickname basically)! So he started thinking and then we suddenly heard Nas saying dat line where it goes "Escobar season has returned!"
He thunk for a minute and came up wit... ESCO (mah last name is escobar, rememba dat)!

Believe it or not... I USED TA HATE DAT FUCKING NAME!!!
But, after a while so many peeps liked it (especially da honey's around these parts, heh heh) and recognized me by it, dat I decided to stick with it! Plus... it makes it harder for da cops ta find my ass, if they is eva lookin' for me.

Not dat they ever would have a reason ta look for me....

//esco looks around, throws his gloves in da trash can, and starts walking away whistling it's a small world after all//
:P

Dat enough info for ya'll or what? Peace out.