Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Boy, it's been nice here the last few days

There has been no flaming, no asking for warez, no spreading hate. That's what I like to see in the Doomworld forums. It was a pleasure to come here. So what if someone posted something that's already said? Usually they have a good reason for saying it, whether they need help, to bring more joy to Doomworld, or to get something of their chest. Here's a hint: Think first before you type.

If you read that Columbine post I made, that meant a lot. I wanted to get that off my chest. I also wanted to give the view of the shooters, what they might of went through, what pushed them over the edge. Even if one person reads it, and sees what I was saying and in result, treats people better, or pay more attention to their kids, it would make a difference. In every crime, every tragedy, it doesn't happen spontaneously. It happens because the person was provoked some way. If there were no bullying in schools, it wouldn't have led to guns. It wouldn't have lead to people having to take action to keep their sanity.

Ok, if you read the post below, you would've seen someone basically tell me to shut up and that it was all said before. I replied in like terms. I doubt if he even read the post. Just started flaming. Let's keep Doomworld a friendly place, and that way more people will come here, like Doom, and one day they may even contribute some way.

Thank you.

well there was some guy blatantly ripping off someone else's work who had stated that they didn't want anyone to derive from it, there was someone else wanting to start a petition emailing (read: bothering) carmack about halting work on violent video games and risking giving us an even worse reputation, there was another person posting news from the front page in its entirety on the forums for no apparent reason...

ooh and before I forget there's the usual advertising of someone's new level/site etc. which I must say, isn't something I enjoy reading (the FAQ people, the FAQ!)

But in general its been better than usual :)

I'd post this in the Columbine post, but...

What you went through sounds a little similar, but not as severe, to what I went through during my earlier years. I was a little hyper back then and didn't really quite know how to keep control of my temper. Everything was either my way, or the highway simply put. I started to cool down around 2nd grade though, but unfortunately, the "damage" has been done. I was bullied a lot during my elementary days because of this and other reasons of prejudice. The same people used to chase me away from the playground area (the area with wood chips), and the teachers told me to come back to the chips and just about ignored the people "guarding" the way back. They done lots of other things as well. If somehow they got in trouble, they would have a kind of back-up plan. They would have a new group of people continue their "work." for them. It finally began to die down around 5th grade or a little later.

Then junior high came and it began to start again. I used to be wearing glasses with glass lenses. I got hit in the face with a basketball a couple of times or something and it deviated my septum. So now there is a hard "bump" on my nose which I can't fix. I've been called names like big bird, toucan sam, duckman, and a bunch of silly names like that. (Heh...)
It went on for so long that I felt disconnected from sociality, but 2 or 3 years later, I got a whole lot better. I still have the hard spot, but I'm still a whole lot better than I was back then. I've played games like Doom, Doom 2, Wolfenstein, Goldeneye (uh...sorry), and Perfect Dark, and others, but it doesn't bother me one bit.

Ok, ok. I'll stop the playing violins and shut up now. :P

Jon said:

well there was some guy blatantly ripping off someone else's work who had stated that they didn't want anyone to derive from it, there was someone else wanting to start a petition emailing (read: bothering) carmack about halting work on violent video games and risking giving us an even worse reputation, there was another person posting news from the front page in its entirety on the forums for no apparent reason...

ooh and before I forget there's the usual advertising of someone's new level/site etc. which I must say, isn't something I enjoy reading (the FAQ people, the FAQ!)

Don't forget all the standard rubbish that gets dumped in here

Jon said:

And then there's the usual troll ... :P

"There has been no flaming, no asking for warez, no spreading hate. That's what I like to see in the Doomworld forums."

Heh, that could be taken in an entirely different way than you meant :)

GavinJCD said:

Don't forget all the standard rubbish that gets dumped in here

like you? :)

NiGHTMARE said:

"There has been no flaming, no asking for warez, no spreading hate. That's what I like to see in the Doomworld forums."

Heh, that could be taken in an entirely different way than you meant :)

let me clarify: i would not like to see flaming, warez or hate in the forums.

Guest RTC Marine

ling should put "Notice to newbies, read the doomworld faq" or something, cause that would solve alot of problems.

Guest Nuno Correia
GavinJCD said:

oh shutup you child.

Raw-Fel

Ralphis said:

like you? :)

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HO, HO, HEE, HEE, HEE, HEH, HEh, Hah, hah, ha, hmmmmm.....

Ralphis, you is crazy as fuck dawg!

True dat, bro! But, there was some flaming up there unfortunately (mostly on mah dawg cacodemon leader). However, it has been relatively peaceful here for da last few days. Now dis is what I'm talkin' bout. Dis be da chill spot right now!

Unfortuantely, we all know it won't last. Ain't dat a bitch!
;(...,

Guest CyberSquirrel
elbryan42 said:

There has been no flaming, no asking for warez, no spreading hate. That's what I like to see in the Doomworld forums. It was a pleasure to come here.

You call that a good thing? Yes, it's a pain if someone gets flamed when asking for help, but the rest of the time I'd rather the occassional flame war to keep things from getting boring.

I agree with elbryan...who wants to see hate round here...remember we are the same kind of pepole who would go kill kids in schools...:(
Anyway lets try to maintain this atmosphere.

esco said:

True dat, bro! But, there was some flaming up there unfortunately (mostly on mah dawg cacodemon leader). However, it has been relatively peaceful here for da last few days. Now dis is what I'm talkin' bout. Dis be da chill spot right now!

Unfortuantely, we all know it won't last. Ain't dat a bitch!
;(...,

Flame wars rock. I love getting in them. (i.e. Esco) :)

GavinJCD said:

oh shutup you child.

I may be a child, but im not a standard retard Gavin.

you are right you arn't a standard retard, there is nothing standard about the crap you come out with, you are just a little boy who noone likes. Least of all me