Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tonic Hedgehog

Doom: Best console version?

Guest Tonic Hedgehog

Besides the PC version, what version of Doom was the best?

despite the only versions I have are the SEGA 32X and the SNES versions. :P

the 32X version is better. the SNES version starts you at e1m1 at Hurt me plenty or something. and apperently it doesn't work with a Game Genie. :(

Guest kickmeplz

Doom 64.

PSX Doom. Doom 64 may have better graphics, but PSX Doom has better music. The control is better. More levels as well, including some exclusives which are my fave Doom levels of all time. Doom 64 would be close if they would've fixed the controls to have the digital control respond like the psx controls. If the control is perfect, why screw with it?

PSX Doom was decent, so that would be my favourite console version.
Doom 64 isn't really doom, it's too different so it doesn't count.
snes doom was just slow and silly.
haven't seen any others.

I must say the best is PSx....That and SNES are the only ones i have and we all know SNES isn't even worth mentioning...

Guest Ressurected

I like Doom 64. I played the Super Nintendo version and I really didn't like it.

I haven't tried the N64 version but I think that the PSX version is the best. The snes version sucks! The sounds lag and besides that it's just bad!

elbryan42 said:

PSX Doom. Doom 64 may have better graphics, but PSX Doom has better music. The control is better. More levels as well, including some exclusives which are my fave Doom levels of all time. Doom 64 would be close if they would've fixed the controls to have the digital control respond like the psx controls. If the control is perfect, why screw with it?

The hell? In Doom64 you can use EITHER the pad or the analog stick, whichever you prefer.

I would say Doom64 with PSX right behind it. Jaguar and SNES ones get honorable mentions. 32X and 3D0 ones were trash.

The speed of turning is MUCH slower on the N64. You turn at about half the speed.

Guest Nuno Correia

1. PSX/Saturn Doom
2. Jaguar Doom
3. 3DO Doom (I still have it around here... I think)
4. 32X Doom (ditto... er, the 32X I mean)
5. Doom 64
6. SNES Doom (useless joke)

WOW! You actually have a Jaguar???? And I thought 3DO Doom was a choppy piece of shit. Not to mention, the system has only 5 buttons. Does that mean that you can't circle strafe?

Guest Tonic Hedgehog

hmm... from what I see, most people either disliked the 3D0 version, the 32X version, the SNES version or the Nintendo 64 version.

albeit I DO have a Nintendo 64, all the cords are wrapped up. the system didn't have very many good games on it.

maybe I should post my review on the SNES Doom...

Guest PFCRon
kickmeplz said:

Doom 64.

HA!!!!!!!! Console???????? I wouldn't be caught DEAD playin a console version of DOOM!

Guest Nuno Correia
elbryan42 said:

WOW! You actually have a Jaguar???? And I thought 3DO Doom was a choppy piece of shit. Not to mention, the system has only 5 buttons. Does that mean that you can't circle strafe?

Yes, I am a proud owner of a Jag. Bought it for around $100 three years ago.

And also a not-so-proud owner of a Real FZ1 3DO :P Fifa Soccer was actually an excellent game, the equivalent of Fifa '96, two years before that one!

3DO Doom is indeed suckage, but what the hell... it's Doom on a rare format!

elbryan42 said:

Yeah 3do doom was pretty bad. Just imagine the Saturn version with a third of the levels (none from doom2) and half the framerate :P The music was decently done though.