Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

Copyright book pages! Have troubles...

Hello,
maybe it sucks to read again about those scans of the book of id I made.

Well, I was unsure about the copyrights and asked here before (you may remember).

Today I got some e-mails of VERY angry people telling me to put the files down immediately. They told me about law, breaking the law, copyrights and WAREZ. I never pirated a game of id.

Well, I should have been aware that scanning books "is not so legal", but I thought the folks who would gladly have that information. There where only 10.000 copies sold and that box set is very hard to get today, so I did it though.

!!!! So please do not upload it to other ftps or on your site.
Elbryan42, please delete the files !!!!

Sorry for all that attention I ask for.
:)

Chin up Peter. Yeah it sucks. Too bad they had to be taken down. I didn't think it would be a problem either because you can't buy the id Anthology anymore (like you said it was a limited edition only 10,000 copys made). I don't consider what you did piracy at all. It was illegal in a strict sense perhaps but your intentions were good. I don't think posting those scans harmed anyone. It's not like you posted free copies of the games too. No sales were lost by the publishers because of it (cause all the copies have already been sold).

Guest TR@C3R

Arrh! This feel like warez! you know, I almost got them, but now the links are down! Anyway, I'll delete 'em.

Stphrz said:

Chin up Peter. Yeah it sucks. Too bad they had to be taken down. I didn't think it would be a problem either because you can't buy the id Anthology anymore (like you said it was a limited edition only 10,000 copys made). I don't consider what you did piracy at all. It was illegal in a strict sense perhaps but your intentions were good. I don't think posting those scans harmed anyone. It's not like you posted free copies of the games too. No sales were lost by the publishers because of it (cause all the copies have already been sold).

Actually it was more like 50,000.

Guest Dave

Oh god no!