Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Malachai

The Doom Community AND Rubilaxce/Cube

Guest Malachai

I've observed all the goings-on with Rubilacxe, and I see how both sides have good points. Jon is right to say that author's wishes are indeed paramount and should really be taken into consideration. However...and this is a big, huge however, all you guys who've been flaming Rubilacxe that he takes no credit for Cube as he did borrow from a few other people's works. He even went so far to say it in a post himself. I mean, the facts are there, and you can't help but see them right in front of you. I guess I'm playing devil's advocate here, but the point of all this is that there is no cut-and-dried answer to all this in the same way that you can't explain the meaning of life, what came first the chicken or the egg, or why the hell women act so strangely. Even if you guys think I'm a moron who has nothing better to do than judge, fine, but you may wish to reconsider what you've said...read carefully over what this guy has said in his other post, you might see what I did. All I saw was a guy who wanted to contribute to the Doom Community (which I'm proud of and really pleased it's still around even after occasional turmoil) and just give people something to enjoy. And I, for one, whether he borrowed or not, appreciate his efforts because I know how damned hard it is to do something like he did (borrowing aside..bah). I mean, sure maybe he should've tried to contact some of those people and the such, but its in the past, Cube is made, and there's really no need to be so anal about it -- I say learn from all this silliness and don't allow this to become another poison-tipped dagger in the side of the Doom Community, rending the ties that hold all fellow Doom affecianados together. Amen.

Malachai said:

in the same way that you can't explain the meaning of life

IT'S 43 YOU TESTICLE ZIT!

I'm sure Deep Though said it was 42?

Yup. It's 42. Thing is, the question was never actually discovered. It's not "the meaning of life", it the answer to "the ultimate question".

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I'm sure Deep Though said it was 42?

Yes it is 42, I think 43 is the answer to "what is the reason Esco talks so silly?"

Malachai said:

And I, for one, whether he borrowed or not, appreciate his efforts because I know how damned hard it is to do something like he did (borrowing aside..bah).

That makes no sense. Kind of like saying, "I know how hard it is to make a good collage, I mean... you have to steal other people's paintings and put them on a bigger piece of paper."

AirRaid said:

Yup. It's 42. Thing is, the question was never actually discovered. It's not "the meaning of life", it the answer to "the ultimate question".

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

ah... but the question is:

"What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9." I know it doesn't work out, unless you're using base 13 numbers. Douglas Adams doesn't need to make sense. The question appears at the end of Book 3, I think. The title is "Life the Universe and Everything", when Arthur & Ford are in caveman times.

Guest ZarcyB

How many roads must a man walk down...

What went false was:

He forgot to name some sources
(but he definately did not made just an "assembly job")

Some people react just too hefty

He flipped out (his first goodbye)
(because he thought that all his efforts have been just a waste of time)

One guy gave gasoline into the fire before it could burn down (leaded to his finall (?) goodbye).

I really hated the post of one who said that it would be better for the community if he would leave.

Guest Ressurected

The Reason why Rubilacxe got upset, if you read his other post, is that he had a very stressful week. Doomworld made it worse by griping about his work that he spent 2 years on (It's true, check the text file)

Oh well, maybe he'll change his mind and come back, but he probably doesn't feel welcome after all that stuff people said about him. Especially since "He wants to get a life"

Guest Dave

mmm..... boring now.