Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Doom2

I have a couple of questions about D2: Why is there only 1 new weapon (DB Shotgun) and still no mlook or jump command?
Just wondering.

Doom2 was _well_ before the days of mlooking and jumping.

As for the DB shotgun, it was disappointing that only one new wepon made it to Doom2, but the sheer quality of it made it worthwhile.

The 'SSG' is probably the most popular weapon.

"Doom2 was _well_ before the days of mlooking and jumping."

Marathon 1 (only released on the Macintosh - the only Marathon on the PC was "Marathon 2: Durandel") came with mouselook when it was released in 1994/95. Also all of it´s clones. Rise of the Triad had mouselook, too. When Dark Forces exactly came out? 1994 or 1995? I think 1995.

(jumping in Doom?)

Hey, I remember Marathon. I once played the "Infinity" version on a LAN at school.

A couple of students including me played against our computer teacher, and of course we didn't match anywhere near his skill, so on one map he got over 100 frags while we had approximately -15 each.

That was about 6 or 7 years ago, and I still miss that moment. But of course, Marathon is like "yesterday's news" at present, but that was my first taste of what it was like to play any game on a network.

Peter Heinemann said:

"Doom2 was _well_ before the days of mlooking and jumping."

Marathon 1 (only released on the Macintosh - the only Marathon on the PC was "Marathon 2: Durandel") came with mouselook when it was released in 1994/95. Also all of it´s clones. Rise of the Triad had mouselook, too. When Dark Forces exactly came out? 1994 or 1995? I think 1995.

(jumping in Doom?)

Yes, I like it also pure !

Guest Dave
Zeratul 982 said:

Hey, I remember Marathon. I once played the "Infinity" version on a LAN at school.

A couple of students including me played against our computer teacher, and of course we didn't match anywhere near his skill, so on one map he got over 100 frags while we had approximately -15 each.

That was about 6 or 7 years ago, and I still miss that moment. But of course, Marathon is like "yesterday's news" at present, but that was my first taste of what it was like to play any game on a network.

HEY!! - brings back memories!
I played that on the Mac once....couldn't get my head round it though.