Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crym01

Uploading WADs to /newstuff = error!

Guest Crym01

i just tried to upload my wad to /newstuff (with copy & paste), but i always receive this error:

Permission denied (Upload)
(no user authorization)

You have to upload it to /incoming not /newstuff. The incoming directory is the only one where anonymous users have any access to upload files.

Use a FTP client program such as WS_FTP (if you don't have it, check www.shareware.com) and log in as anonymous user to ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom/incoming . Upload your zipped level there. No .EXE files are allowed. Remember to transmit it as a BINARY file. Also, upload a .TXT file (as an ASCII file) with the same name as your zipped level with a short description of your stuff. For that, use the general template (find an existing text file and modify accordingly).

If you want to give a message to the moderator ( = TeamTNT's Ty Halderman) upload a text file with the extension .MSG with this information (for example, "this is an example level of a newly discovered trick, please put this in the subfolder /tutorials"). Ty will review your stuff to see if it doesn't contain virii or illegal stuff, then he'll put it in the appropriate subfolder. This may take a couple of days.

You can check this yourself... if your level has appeared in /newstuff it has been accepted, otherwise you'll find your file listed in the rejects text file there with the reason why it got rejected.

Cool. Thanks for the tip, Mordeth.

The system is more organized than what I previously thought...

Guest Crym01

1.) thx for your help

2.) hmmm, fuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkk ... i was working on my level for 6 weeks and it was rejected!! because it is a modified id-level ... ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, where's the problem??????????