Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kris

HeXen

Hey, I just got through playing the demo version of HeXen. This game r0x0rs! I beat using all three characters-Fighter, Cleric, and Mage.
My favorite would have to be the Cleric, since he has a nice balance of speed and power. His weapons are cool too.
Second favorite would be the Fighter. I like using his sword and axe. He can't use magic too well though.
Third would be the Mage. This guy is really weak, and all his weapons are projectile-based. His main weapon sux0rs, hard.
Anyway, I think this HeXen is awesome. I like the fact that you can look up/down and jump, that's pretty cool, though there's not too much reason to include jumping in some of the areas.
Fnord.

Hey, I just got through playing the demo version of HeXen. This game r0x0rs!

Good boy. He learns fast.

I beat using all three characters-Fighter, Cleric, and Mage.

The demo? Big achievment, yay...

My favorite would have to be the Cleric, since he has a nice balance of speed and power. His weapons are cool too.

I hate him, except for the wraithverge. Screw speed. Power? That mace is wussy.

Second favorite would be the Fighter. I like using his sword and axe. He can't use magic too well though.

Ha. "He can't use magic too well though". Telling that to the guys at doomworld is like telling bill gates how to use HTML.

Third would be the Mage. This guy is really weak, and all his weapons are projectile-based. His main weapon sux0rs, hard.

The mage rulez! How dare you dis the mage! The projectile based weapons rule!

Oh, and korax (hexen last boss) doesn't think that little blue wand sucks :)

And here's why.
http://www.doomworld.com/forums/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=1332

Anyway, I think this HeXen is awesome. I like the fact that you can look up/down and jump, that's pretty cool, though there's not too much reason to include jumping in some of the areas.

Hexen and heretic are better then doom. But 90% of the addons made are for doom. If I could get the scripting language down, I would drop all my project plans to do hexen stuff.

Fnord.

THAT'S ANNOYING STOP IT.

The Mac version of HeXen comes with a special video mode giving a stereoscopic view. It is a special mode for the "Cybermaxx" virtual reality helmet I use. The Cybermaxx Helmet was originally designed for the IBM PC, but when VictorMaxx promised to make a Mac version of the helmet, Raven put the Cybermaxx support into MacHeXen. Unfortunately Victormaxx canceled the Mac version and so HeXen is maybe the only Mac game with Cybermaxx support. And this is why I had to solder an adapter by myself to make the helmet running. But the 3D immersion really kicks, you can see fireballs coming towards you, shattered glass all around you, etc. Is this feature also in the PC version of Hexen (tiered of capitalizing the X)? Do not know, but if yes - go buy yourself 3D equipment (even with the headache you will get from it in mind.

Good one, ZarcyB ;)

As for Hexen. Well, the Demo's just a faint example of the game. Only after beating both Hexen and the expansion pack, DeathKings of the Dark Citadel, you shouldn't really judge the classes.

Hexen's by far my favorite game ever. In fact, my avatar is part of a boss sprite.

Heya Kris, glad you dig Hexen... we need more of our kind around here. My favorite is the fighter... it's just so different from Doom the way you can pummel your way through the game.

The Mage's Sapphire wand is probably the most effective weapon in the game when used properly, it's right up there with the Wraithverge and the Cleric's farts... but it's the only one that requires patience. =)

Hexen is great, I'm sure you'll love the full version. There's also a commerical bonus pack for it called 'Deathkings of the Dark Citadel' and the level work in it is just truly amazing sometimes.

Oh... and FUCK all of those custom gaming VR helmets, they are obsolete. Get yourself some TV goggles. They work great with TV, DVDS, Consoles, and if your 'puter has TV-Out... they work great for that too. Most of them have RCA ports right on the side so you can jack in anything with an output.

To quote Gabe, "It's like having a 52" screen right where my brain should be!"

No special drivers... no games with partial or buggy support... no special this game only support... screw all that noise. If your TV-Out is adequate then you should be happy. Last I heard they're making decent sets of TV Goggles for $500... might be worth it.

Personally, I prefer the fighter...but, as any game goes with fighters, they are the best, and repeat best...STARTING class. Therefore, the best to learn with. Although, Hexen II, in my opinon is WAY better than Hexen one, especially because of the levelling up systen....although, I have to wonder what benefits you REALLY get from that...

I loved Hexen, but the classes... do they really expect me to pass the same game 3 times, just with different character? If they had different levels for each one, it was something else. Kinda like "Aliens vs. Predator"...

I only played with the Fighter.

The enemies are configured somewhat differently for each class than the other.

Isn't Vivarium the secret level in the Necropolis hub? That's gotta be one of the easiest level in the whole game.

My favourite class is the Mage, since all his weapons are long-range. The fighter sucks, I hate how all his weapons are melee except for the third which shoots only one flying hammer which is hard to aim, and his only good weapon, the sword! The Cleric is good too, but I hate his first weapon. The Clerics fourth is the coolest in the game, IMO.

The gold wall textures were cool though.

And the piggy secret ruled.

That's Vivarium? I think I'm getting confused here. I meant Desolate Garden. That level is weird, and specially hard for the Fighter, for example.

HeXen is very good game, that impressed me! I want the bonus pack!

That's Vivarium? I think I'm getting confused here.

Vivarium is the secret level in the graveyard hub, the one that gets shut off if you go to one of the characters tombs first.

I meant Desolate Garden. That level is weird, and specially hard for the Fighter, for example.

I think it's the secret level for Hub 4, the exit is on Forsaken Outpost. You have to complete something in the Hub 2 secret level Sacred Grove for it to open up. And FYI it rules with the fighter.

That's Vivarium? I think I'm getting confused here.

Vivarium is the secret level in the graveyard hub, the one that gets shut off if you go to one of the characters tombs first.

Been long since I played that far in Hexen. I stick to heretic mostly.

I've played through just about every Hexen hub in the last week starting on it from scratch. I did that graveyard hub with the mage and fighter, I couldn't believe what a joke it was. That was probably easier than the first hub even.

I've played through just about every Hexen hub in the last week starting on it from scratch. I did that graveyard hub with the mage and fighter, I couldn't believe what a joke it was. That was probably easier than the first hub even.

Ha. It's actually been so long since I ran straight thru hexen I'm getting stuck in seven portals. I just got to the part past the steel key door where you flip the switch and it says "find another switch."

Do the same thing you did on the other side of the level to solve the two puzzle pieces.

Do the same thing you did on the other side of the level to solve the two puzzle pieces.

Thanx :P